3dr solo manual mode

Reaction score
Can some one explain to me how to fly in manual mode. Like take off n land. And any tips?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Program your A or B to Manual mode. If you don't see that option, be sure you have 'Advanced Options' turned on. If you have limited experience, I'd recommend being in a nice open area and start by going into Manual from Fly mode while 10-15' up in calm winds. Solo will maintain level and altitude for you, but not position. If there is little wind, you will hardly see a difference after going into manual. Then make small movements with the sticks until you are comfortable. If you start losing orientation, just press the Fly mode to get back to GPS assistance.

To take off in manual, just wait for satellite lock and press the manual button. I then hold the left stick down and to the right to arm the motors. Once armed, slowly raise the left stick above 1/2 until solo takes off. To land, slowly bring it down until firmly on the ground and hold the stick down and left to kill the motors. Here is a short video I did a year ago about manual mode..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks I'll give this a shot hopefully this weekend, I live in LA n it's hard to find empty space to fly

Can you fly in manual mode in simulator

Yeah in the sim Fly and Manual would basically be the same thing since there is no wind/gps error. Also if you're in LA I'd be happy to help you learn!

Yeah in the sim Fly and Manual would basically be the same thing since there is no wind/gps error. Also if you're in LA I'd be happy to help you learn!
Nice, I live by Monterey park

Program your A or B to Manual mode. If you don't see that option, be sure you have 'Advanced Options' turned on. If you have limited experience, I'd recommend being in a nice open area and start by going into Manual from Fly mode while 10-15' up in calm winds. Solo will maintain level and altitude for you, but not position. If there is little wind, you will hardly see a difference after going into manual. Then make small movements with the sticks until you are comfortable. If you start losing orientation, just press the Fly mode to get back to GPS assistance.

To take off in manual, just wait for satellite lock and press the manual button. I then hold the left stick down and to the right to arm the motors. Once armed, slowly raise the left stick above 1/2 until solo takes off. To land, slowly bring it down until firmly on the ground and hold the stick down and left to kill the motors. Here is a short video I did a year ago about manual mode..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice, I live by Monterey park

Edgar, I'm a newby and having a terrible time with my Solo. I left the park unable to get the SOLO in the air. Any chance of hiring you for a couple of hours to get me on track. I really need to be operating in the manual mode because the GPS never works. I'm in Orange County but it's an easy drive to your neighborhood.

Bob Chesney

Edgar, I'm a newby and having a terrible time with my Solo. I left the park unable to get the SOLO in the air. Any chance of hiring you for a couple of hours to get me on track. I really need to be operating in the manual mode because the GPS never works. I'm in Orange County but it's an easy drive to your neighborhood.

Bob Chesney
Bob-

• Open the Solo App
  • Power up the controller
  • Power up Solo
  • After Solo quits blinking green, connect to Solo with the App
  • Open 'Settings' on the bottom menu bar in the App
  • Tap Advanced Settings on the left menu, then make sure they are set to 'On' (green)
  • Tap 'Solo' a couple of lines above on that left menu and you will see your advanced settings
  • Tap 'Preset A' and assign 'FLY: Manual' to that preset
  • Your controller screen readout for button A will immediately change to 'FLY: Manual'
  • Back out of Settings and 'Fly Solo'

If your GPS never works... outside... in a clear field... you should open a chat with 3DR. It could be many things; some involve taking Solo apart, some not.

Bob Chesney

I'd be happy to help you out--I'm in Pasadena. When did you buy the solo? What issues are you having?

Might be able to save a trip.

Bob-

• Open the Solo App
  • Power up the controller
  • Power up Solo
  • After Solo quits blinking green, connect to Solo with the App
  • Open 'Settings' on the bottom menu bar in the App
  • Tap Advanced Settings on the left menu, then make sure they are set to 'On' (green)
  • Tap 'Solo' a couple of lines above on that left menu and you will see your advanced settings
  • Tap 'Preset A' and assign 'FLY: Manual' to that preset
  • Your controller screen readout for button A will immediately change to 'FLY: Manual'
  • Back out of Settings and 'Fly Solo'

If your GPS never works... outside... in a clear field... you should open a chat with 3DR. It could be many things; some involve taking Solo apart, some not.
SARDG: Your directions worked like a charm. I was able to fly in manual and then went into GPS mode and it worked. Many, many thanks.

SARDG: Your directions worked like a charm. I was able to fly in manual and then went into GPS mode and it worked. Many, many thanks.
You're welcome, Bob. Solo should find GPS without worrying about or even using Fly Manual, though.

Still good to practice manual flight for other scenarios.

SARDG: Now can't get the propellors off. Have you seen any videos or instructions on that?

SARDG: Now can't get the propellors off. Have you seen any videos or instructions on that?
Remember, silver-hubbed props are right-handed threads; black are left-handed. On silver... righty/tightly, lefty/loosey; but you should be able to grip the motor hub under the prop to get them off. IMP makes a wrench, but I wouldn't think it necessary.

Last edited:
SARDG: Again my thanks. I finally wrestled them off. They were put on too tightly. I'll be much more careful next time.

Be careful doing this. Read the instructions carefully. It is possible that the HOME position will be set when you first get GPS reception and if this 100 yards out and 50ft up then ...... it may not end well if you RTL deliberately or the system does it automatically.

I thought the point of MANUAL mode was to be able to take off without GPS? I can arm the motors in MANUAL mode, but it will not let me fly until I have GPS...Anyone have any thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44