3DR Solo Camera Power

Reaction score
We have just purchased a third party gimbal for the solo for a FLIR Duo Pro R camera. I have a few questions, if we are getting the telemetry data and correct power to the camera.

The gimbal has been setup for the correct connections, but it looks as though some of the wires are not within the gimbal data harness going to the gimbal and camera. (Image Below) Does this mean that telemetry data will not be collected for geotagging the photos?

3DR1.jpg

The main issue is getting enough power to the camera. From what I understand, the USB should be putting out 5v 2.3amp? Is that correct?

The camera manual states the following:

Simply plug the USB cable into the USB-C port on the FLIR Duo Pro R, connect power to an appropriate regulated power supply (the Duo Pro R may not function properly if powered solely by a USB port on a computer), and HDMI or analog video to a downlink, if desired. Approximate operating current of the Duo Pro R camera is 2.3 A at 5.2Vdc. Note: FLIR Duo Pro R has over-voltage and reverse polarity protection on power pins. However, exceeding the wide voltage specification (5-26 Vdc) will damage the camera and void the warranty. Applying reverse polarity should not damage the unit, but it will prevent the camera from powering on. As the Duo Pro R requires greater than 500mA at 5VDC, it may not function properly if powered by a single USB 2.0 port on your computer.

Is it possible to pull power from another source through the 3DR breakout board?
3DR2.png
3DR3.jpg

Yep. See the link below. You have the 11.5W you need on the system power bus.

Also, please consider using the search function to look for info. The link below was in a thread asking basically the same thing you were and took me less than a minute to find.

Accessory Bay | 3DR Solo Development Guide

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela