Reaction score
I recently bough 3 - 3DR SOLO Drones. One of the drones will not turn off after landing the motors rev up before flipping the drone over onto its back. The only way to avoid it is by using the emergency stop method. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix for it? The drone is not more than a month old.

Sounds like you need to file a support ticket with 3DR.

Same damn problem. Brought it down and landed perfectly on level grass and then the motors would not switch off. Had the left stick all the way down and the bird started taking off again! I was near water and was afraid it would drift towards that and so....in a "knee jerk" reaction, I aimed my index finger directly at the "battery off" button on the top of the drone and plunged towards it...and of course almost lost the tip of my finger. Still have a nice sized slice on my finger a week later. I didn't get to the battery off button and the drone flipped over and churned up the grass. My confidence in this Solo has dipped significantly. I have a P4 which I like a lot but wanted a (reliable) craft to mount a GoPro on for tighter shots in real estate.

I recently bough 3 - 3DR SOLO Drones. One of the drones will not turn off after landing the motors rev up before flipping the drone over onto its back. The only way to avoid it is by using the emergency stop method. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix for it? The drone is not more than a month old.
Do a level calibration.

Same damn problem. Brought it down and landed perfectly on level grass and then the motors would not switch off. Had the left stick all the way down and the bird started taking off again! I was near water and was afraid it would drift towards that and so....in a "knee jerk" reaction, I aimed my index finger directly at the "battery off" button on the top of the drone and plunged towards it...and of course almost lost the tip of my finger. Still have a nice sized slice on my finger a week later. I didn't get to the battery off button and the drone flipped over and churned up the grass. My confidence in this Solo has dipped significantly. I have a P4 which I like a lot but wanted a (reliable) craft to mount a GoPro on for tighter shots in real estate.
Was your battery level Critical ? I ask this cause, at "15%" can't remember exactly but, while landing manually with GPS, it tried to take off again to perform a RTH procedure. & it did, went up about 12 feet, then came back down & shut off.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Was your battery level Critical ? I ask this cause, at "15%" can't remember exactly but...
That's funny, Steve - I just asked you in another thread if RTH was the case at 10% battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo