3DR repair accountability

Reaction score
Website
www.timorden.com
There doesn't seem to be a system at 3DR where repairs and replacements are tested and signed off on before shipping back to the customer. I myself received a refurb replacement that was faulty. No one had checked it out.

No testing, no burn in, no actual person who signs off on the quality control. How can anyone expect a reliable repair or replacement when there's no accountability?

Hey Jose, this guy wants this fixed. I'm not putting my name on this repair. Oh, OK, no one is... Whew.

boo hiss....

Are you assuming the QA/QC process was bypassed because their wasn't documentation returned with the item or do you know for a fact that no such QA/QC process on returned items exists?

There doesn't seem to be a system at 3DR where repairs and replacements are tested and signed off on before shipping back to the customer. I myself received a refurb replacement that was faulty. No one had checked it out.

No testing, no burn in, no actual person who signs off on the quality control. How can anyone expect a reliable repair or replacement when there's no accountability?

Hey Jose, this guy wants this fixed. I'm not putting my name on this repair. Oh, OK, no one is... Whew.

boo hiss....
How can you tell whether they replaced your parts with a refurb or return part of a new faulty one? Was it used looking or have they mentioned their using these parts?

Not saying it's not true just trying to figure out how to tell one way or the other if I have issues down the line.

Thanks

Are you assuming the QA/QC process was bypassed because their wasn't documentation returned with the item or do you know for a fact that no such QA/QC process on returned items exists?
No documentation at all on the refurbished Solo. It was shipped to me broken, (from 3DR). When I tried to boot it something inside the body was getting hot (touching the body with hand) and it had a smell of electrical stuff burning. I sent it back and eventually received another refurbished. No documentstion as to its certification either. However, it turned out to be 100%

Last edited:
How can you tell whether they replaced your parts with a refurb or return part of a new faulty one? Was it used looking or have they mentioned their using these parts?

Not saying it's not true just trying to figure out how to tell one way or the other if I have issues down the line.

Thanks
I was informed that the Solo being sent from my original warranty coverage (aircraft at the bottom of the ocean) was a refurb. I was glad to get it, it just didn't work when I booted it. (Please note: Customer service was stellar)
I'm just thinking that there should be personal accountability with regards to repairs, and refurbs.

I know with the plant in Mexico that gear going out from there went through a flight test first. I don't know, but I suspect with the pressure on at the moment to turn around stock supply quickly not every piece of hardware being sent out is getting tested. For an RMA it is all the more important gear is checked.

I'll flag this to Vu today.

I know with the plant in Mexico that gear going out from there went through a flight test first. I don't know, but I suspect with the pressure on at the moment to turn around stock supply quickly not every piece of hardware being sent out is getting tested. For an RMA it is all the more important gear is checked.

I'll flag this to Vu today.
I appreciate the forward to (VU?) but what I'd like to see is direct accountability with regards to certification of repairs. Nothing is going to change unless someone's (an individual) credibility and perhaps their job is on the line.

It doesn't need to be pointed out, it needs to be done in a different way.

Good news...

Vu is 3DR's director of support and he's replied to say 3DR have implemented a QC check in place. There will be a change to the RMA process whereby a stamp will be on RMA gear sent out with a person to be held accountable.

Reactions: Del and Acroduster

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc