3DR releasing new items?

While useful these are not made by 3DR nor are they new. Folks have been producing them for quite some time now.

oh i thought it said the seller WAS 3DR.. Someone must just have the username then. cheeky bugger

Hey Nate-
3DR is still around- they went into software for businesses while exiting the “ hardware side of drone production.” Anything you see that appears to be new, may be an enhancement for Solo designed or developed by that individual / individuals. Example: You will see several designs for Solo Leg Extensions ( 3D printed ) for sale;
use the membership’s knowledge on this forum before you throw money into your drone- always use the search bar and look for old threads pertaining to Solo Upgrades- a lot of guys here probably have tried whatever you are considering.
If you are thinking of upgrading your Solo- I’d suggest the Green Cube and HERE and Maddog’s Brite Light System- these are upgrades that will bring your Solo up to date thanks to folks who have extensive knowledge of Solo and created these enhancements to make Solo perform at its peak potential and keep Solo safe for both the operator and spectator.
Any other upgrades will make your Solo different from everyone else’s, but looking cool won’t bring a lot of satisfaction if your Solo falls from the sky or loses GPS and flies away- though I’m sure whoever finds it will appreciate your “ attention to detail.” It doesn’t happen often, but on this forum alone, you can easily find a couple dozen threads pertaining to incidents of fly away and the occasional Solo to water introduction.

these have been on for awhile, purchased this clip but yet to use. Wish I had more to offer. If someone sat down and spent the time to 3D model this then the need must be there and at 12.00 I decided to get it JIC. Just in case...

Wanna buy something useful for your Solo, get a NAV Strobe, you will be able to see your strobe in broad daylight long after you loose sight of your UAV. BTW: The warning says "Do not look at stobe!" well in my brain that means DO IT! Almost disipointed out of the box (store charge) So I charge it per instructions... So then I do it again [emoji33][emoji43][emoji40][emoji856] I was seeing black spots for 2 days.
So charge, strap on Solo and look away when powering up!

That clip has been modeled on thingiverse, i actually remodeled the remodel, lol i have it on my solo now, works great!PHOTO_20180301_070007.jpg

Reactions: Solo Keith
Wanna buy something useful for your Solo, get a NAV Strobe, you will be able to see your strobe in broad daylight long after you loose sight of your UAV. BTW: The warning says "Do not look at stobe!" well in my brain that means DO IT! Almost disipointed out of the box (store charge) So I charge it per instructions... So then I do it again [emoji33][emoji43][emoji40][emoji856] I was seeing black spots for 2 days.
So charge, strap on Solo and look away when powering up!
What NAV Strobe works well on Solo?

Help me out. What exactly is the benefit of the enhanced clip?
I did it so i could gain clear access to the mini usb port on my go pro hero 3. I didnt think the solo would keep my camera charged so i designed a super lightweight charger that would keep it charged in flight, but the solo actually charges it... Dont know how, i was told it wouldnt since its not the correct model. I was also told the original clips didnt hold too well, and its super inexpensive to make one so i did, lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I did it so i could gain clear access to the mini usb port on my go pro hero 3. I didnt think the solo would keep my camera charged so i designed a super lightweight charger that would keep it charged in flight, but the solo actually charges it... Dont know how, i was told it wouldnt since its not the correct model. I was also told the original clips didnt hold too well, and its super inexpensive to make one so i did, lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Thanks! That explains a lot. I only fly with H4s so never had any issues. I have had to reseat the GP on rare occasion which very well could have happened because the clip wasn't holding it place properly. I'll print one to see if it's helps.

Looks like a great device. Question- Doesn't the gimbal obstruct the strobe at a distance?
I think if your trying to be FAA Complient, it must be mounted to top of your UAV, but if you're like me and don't give a crud about that, I do mount mine on the bottom, and no since I want to keep my CG close to spec, I mount mine about 2" behind the center of my bo.. Erm, accessory Bay. So no it will not be close to the Gimbal.
Note if your doing low-light or night videos, the flash will be on your vids no matter where you mount it. Actually adds a bit more reality and high quality UAV "feel" to high altitude night flights!
Mainly for me it keeps my Solo visible on long range autonomous missions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig