3DR Phone Screen Hood

My thinking on the tablet version is it should fit all tablets that are native to fit in the stock mount. Why build a product that doesn't support all supported configurations. Meaning the clamp is designed to fit an iPad mini, then the tablet sunshade would fit it as well. Makes no sense if they designed it different.

Last edited:
My thinking on the tablet version is it should fit all tablets that are native to fit in the stick mount. Why build a product that doesn't support all supported configurations. Meaning the clamp is designed to fit an iPad mini, then the tablet sunshade would fit it as well. Makes no sense if they designed it different.
I agree...it's definitely a given !
Screw it...I'm gonna go order one right now....And if it dosint fit when I get it...I'll Make It Fit !!!!!! Lol

Jubair... Did you order yours right from the 3DR website? I thought they only offered the one for the cell phone ? Which I think the hoody is only 7 inches ? Do they also offer one for the 8" tablet too..?

Cheers
Yes, Direct from 3DR. Looking at that video though, you can see that the slots would allow the clamps to expand, but how much? Also, the tablet version would have to be rotated 90 degrees. If they allow for full expansion of the clamps, then it should fit any tablet the stock mount would fit.

Reactions: Del
This description just added to 3dr store

OVERVIEW
Compatible tablets:

• iPad mini 2, Wi-Fi + Cellular
  • iPad mini 3, Wi-Fi + Cellular
  • Samsung Tab A, Note 8
  • Nexus 7 (2013)
  • Nvidia Shield Tab
  • Asus MeMo Pad 7, 8
Not seeing your device listed above? The 3DR Tablet Screen Hood is compatible with tablets ranging from 110 to 150mm in width.

This description just added to 3dr store

OVERVIEW
Compatible tablets:

• iPad mini 2, Wi-Fi + Cellular
  • iPad mini 3, Wi-Fi + Cellular
  • Samsung Tab A, Note 8
  • Nexus 7 (2013)
  • Nvidia Shield Tab
  • Asus MeMo Pad 7, 8
Not seeing your device listed above? The 3DR Tablet Screen Hood is compatible with tablets ranging from 110 to 150mm in width.
Awesom...thanks for the Update!
I ordered mine last night from there site for my iPad Mini2... Can't wait to get it :)

Cheers

I just ordered the Tablet Version No dimensions listed but looks like it would be about right for my Nexus 7. For $30 and no shipping, thought I would give it a try. Will post up how it fits. Looks like it is in stock as well, said shipping from Hayword Warehouse.

I just tried or oder on the 3DR site and they don't seem to be able to work out shipping to Australia. Any idea where I can get one of these delivered to Australia?

Your photo album images are private.

Hmmm....they show up in the thread for me. I go to the album page and it doesn't give me an option to change the privacy settings.

Edit. Ok think I got it. Let me know if they still don't show up.

Last edited:
I took the plunge too, 20% off is good enough for me, so I added a hood to the order as well.
Merry Christmas to me.

I like it better the my padhat. With that said, it's not perfect (whatever is?). With my iPad mini 2 installed, there is a little play In the setup. It will lean a little to one side or the other. I'm not complaining, it's nice. I'm happy I bought it. Even ordered the iPhone one just to have on hand.

I took the plunge too, 20% off is good enough for me, so I added a hood to the order as well.
Merry Christmas to me.
Well its not going to be a merry Christmas for me thanks to 3DR.
Looks like it doesnt pay to mention freight forwarding agents in a public forum.
Someone lurking here from 3DR has looked up my orders and cancelled both of them.
Thanks 3DR, Merry Christmas to you.
Now i need to find another way to get a sun shade for my tab. They arent available here.

Well its not going to be a merry Christmas for me thanks to 3DR.
Looks like it doesnt pay to mention freight forwarding agents in a public forum.
Someone lurking here from 3DR has looked up my orders and cancelled both of them.
Thanks 3DR, Merry Christmas to you.
Now i need to find another way to get a sun shade for my tab. They arent available here.
Really.???? That's kinda weird..?
I just got my 3DR Hoodie yesterday in the mail.. I was kind of surprised how much weight it had to it !! But built nice!

I hope everything works out for you Roland..!

Merry Christmas

I just got my 3DR Hoodie yesterday in the mail.. I was kind of surprised how much weight it had to it !! But built nice!

I like Mom's as well. I found the the hood tilts forward a little, when using with my iPad mini. Going to put some some small squares of velcrow near the bottom edge of the hood, and corresponding piece on my iPad, to keep is snug.

Anyone have concerns with the Magnets on this hood and storing it in the Solo case with the Solo? I already had to send my Solo in for magnetic interference and the first question the support folks asked me was if I had exposed it to a magnet or not.

Reactions: Maddog
Anyone have concerns with the Magnets on this hood and storing it in the Solo case with the Solo? I already had to send my Solo in for magnetic interference and the first question the support folks asked me was if I had exposed it to a magnet or not.
I don't know but that's interesting- I'd like to know more about Solo's sensitivity to magnets.

For those of you who have the 3DR hood, do you still like it? Is it worth the money?

I don't know but that's interesting- I'd like to know more about Solo's sensitivity to magnets.

For those of you who have the 3DR hood, do you still like it? Is it worth the money?
I use the 3DR tablet hood on a Nexus 7. Works great and I store it in the GPC hard case laying on top of the Solo. No problem with the magnets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks