3DR no longer takes calls...

So are you saying you couldn't get what you ordered from T-Motors?
I've never dealt with them.

IMO he is talking not about ordering problems with T-Motors, but about problems with 3DR motors and for possible replacement with a better alternative: T-Motors MT2216.

Reactions: Maddog
I took it as they tried to purchase the motor pods, props and legs via 3dr's website, something is delaying the processing for a long time, so they gave up and purchased motors from t-motors, the props from APC and is still looking for the legs?

There is plenty of information about problem with the Solo motors and mine are in fact noisy. I do not trust they will survive the 150 hours 3DR advertise. I will try my luck with T-motors. For the moment it's not wise to do such a mod just before leaving for Peru (March 14). Just hope the original ones will hold together.

Reactions: Nerius
I took it as they tried to purchase the motor pods, props and legs via 3dr's website, something is delaying the processing for a long time, so they gave up and purchased motors from t-motors, the props from APC and is still looking for the legs?
You are correct. After about 5 phone calls and more emails, support was saying sorry and we will make sure it will be on the priority list to ship out. I lost confidence with them. Money is the only reason I ordered the batteries (two for one deal). Frankly I dont expect they will be able to ship before my trip. I will buy from a local store at full price few days before I leave.

IMO he is talking not about ordering problems with T-Motors, but about problems with 3DR motors and for possible replacement with a better alternative: T-Motors MT2216.
You are correct. When I will be back from my trip mid April I will look into T-Motor MT2216. Right out of the box they seems pretty close to be balanced and bearing noise don't seem to be a problem, their life expectancy is confirmed by many. Life expectency of 3DR motors is unknown. Being a quadcopter a single motor failure will make it crash. I take security and my investment seriously. For the APC prop they are up to their reputation quieter and 2 out of 4 were already balanced dead on. The other 2 took me minutes to balance as they were slightly off. I will check the other 8 props later. + APC had the props I needed to take off from 12 000 ft (11 X 4.5). 3DR only had the standard props available.

Reactions: Maddog and Nerius
I disagree. Being able to call 3DR for great customer support, is [was] one of the things that "used" to set them apart from other manufacturers out there. That now being not the case anymore, for whatever reason, IS reason enough for many to start speculating. What else are you supposed to do, until some official word is out to why they stop taking calls.

To ME this is concerning. Might not be to you. It might also not concern you that the Solo sells for $799 on Amazon, and the gimbal for $199?! Sure looks like a fire sale to ME. Again, this is just my opinion. Maybe 3DR is just having a sale? Or maybe they are trying to jump the sinking ship? I don't know that. But just because I don't know, doesn't mean I cannot have a opinion about it. Maybe 3DR is doing the same, DJI is doing?! Selling "old" stuff for cheap, because something new is coming out (P4).

Anyhow, I am overall wondering why they do not take anymore calls and I post about it. Deal with it.

I have been in the customer service industry for 20 + years. My last place of employment which lasted 26 Years before I decided it's never to late to make a change. I had a very loyal customer
Base that worked with me through mostly email communications. I had average total sales figures of 280.000 to 300.000 monthly. The more time I spent on the phone the less I accomplished at work. In the age of cutting edge technology such as the 3DR solo. It only makes good business sense to eliminate time spent on the phone when you can communicate almost any customer service
issue electronically. I have always had top notch customer service with 3 DR's team via email. I dont think the is anything to worry about when it comes to 3 DR's support of the solo. So hang in there fellow flyers and remember......Fly Be Free!!!!!

Reactions: Maddog and Ggirf14
There is plenty of information about problem with the Solo motors and mine are in fact noisy. I do not trust they will survive the 150 hours 3DR advertise. I will try my luck with T-motors. For the moment it's not wise to do such a mod just before leaving for Peru (March 14). Just hope the original ones will hold together.

One of my Solo motors survived only 5+ hours of fly. Waiting for replacement. After lots of complaints finally should receive motors on Monday (I hope), but funniest thing I was charged import taxes (I'm in Europe) for warranty replacements and gifts for long delay (more than 40 days now) in replacement from 3DR. Got some partial compensation for this from local dealer which I purchased Solo from (discount on battery), but 3DR doing this wrong way: we shouldn't be charged for warranty replacements. Will replace failed motors to originals now, because still don't want to void warranty, but also strongly thinking about T-Motors as real trustworthy alternative (in fact, already purchased them): whatever Solo fanatics are telling, no more trust in Solo original motors for me. Also, warranty takes way too long, especially in Europe and no spare parts to buy here. I'm reading about problems in US, but this is much worse in Europe and, in my opinion, 3DR really doing business wrong way here.

Sad that you were grounded for so long. There is something we don't know to justify why 3DR take so long to ship out. Just to keep this thread on topic. There are other threads about motors reliability that I'm looking into. Just search for threads titles "motor".

Reactions: Nerius
I just recently returned my Solo for video feed issues, and I never made a phone call. My Solo was returned with-in 3 weeks time, I had the gimbal replace along with othere times they replaced and gave me some new stickers new carry case replacediameter 2 motors and a light cover. Awesome service !!! On the other hand my DJI took 11 weeks and multiple calls after the 7th week, So if everything can be solved in a email like mine was ....I'm Happy! !!

Reactions: PdxSteve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela