3DR no longer takes calls...

Well they had this BOGO battery sale on Sunday. The link didn't automatically give you a second battery with the promo code. You had to order 2 batteries (which I am sure people were reluctant to do) and then the promo code took the charge for the 2nd battery off. They sent a second email clarifying the order process. It was too late for myself and others. I bet they got a lot of grief over this on their phone lines and shut them down temporarily.

HI,

A few people pointed out that 3DR no longer takes any calls, when calling the support line. However, I wanted to start a thread so everyone gets to know about this. I wonder what this means?! Did they run out of money? Do they focus more on industrial products? What is going on?

Thank.

p.s. not that there is much to say here, but at least the title will be visible for everyone. : )
Were you aware there are already several threads dealing with this same issue?
Hopefully some mod can merge all of them as there's no point having all of them.

That is really all I can fault them for actually. Who knows they may have a killer email and ticketing system that end game results is better than phone support
But they should press release it.
I sent in a support ticket a month ago but never got a response- I ended up figuring out the problem myself.
I sent another one in yesterday morning for a new issue- no acknowledgement that it was received yet. Time will tell...

This "excuse" offered by 3DR for not "having a phone system to provide technical support" is pure unmitigated bullshit. I've worked in tech support call centers before. They are expensive to operate. When we were bought out by another company, one of its first actions was to terminate phone technical support and move exclusively to email and chat support -- *as a cost-cutting measure*! That's why I call BS on the tech support droid's response. Management made a business decision to terminate 24/7 tech support because it's costs were too high. I consider this false and misleading advertising because Solo promised 24/7 tech support in its promotional materials, and it has reneged on that promise, a classic bait and switch. I'm reporting this to the Federal Trade Commission. Let's see if the FTC is convinced by the tech droid's "explanation."
Well good luck with the FTC thing. And email is 24/7 tech support as used by many companies today.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Well they had this BOGO battery sale on Sunday. The link didn't automatically give you a second battery with the promo code. You had to order 2 batteries (which I am sure people were reluctant to do) and then the promo code took the charge for the 2nd battery off. They sent a second email clarifying the order process. It was too late for myself and others. I bet they got a lot of grief over this on their phone lines and shut them down temporarily.
Worked fine the first time for me. With most sites that want you to use a promotional code, you are requested to use the code at checkout. So, I just assumed that I would need to have 2 in the basket to get the credit for one. Just my opinion, YMMV..

Yea good luck with the ftc investigation, overreacting a bit I believe as we still have support. We're not using this to do life or death surgery or anything that I feel warrants 24/7 support indefinitely in all honesty. Yea I'd like to know the deal, but how is reporting them going to help things. Do you own solo or is this just a crusade to right this awful wrong here I wonder?

I'm sure they consulted an attorney if they even promised 24/7 support indefinitely which I doubt and am not bothering to look into. I'm pleased we had it for the growing pains, now it's just money and resources I'd rather see go into accessory or software development personally.

Reactions: Jubalr
one thing for sure it has turned in to a world class speculation thread.
almost no substance
This "excuse" offered by 3DR for not "having a phone system to provide technical support" is pure unmitigated bullshit. I've worked in tech support call centers before. They are expensive to operate. When we were bought out by another company, one of its first actions was to terminate phone technical support and move exclusively to email and chat support -- *as a cost-cutting measure*! That's why I call BS on the tech support droid's response. Management made a business decision to terminate 24/7 tech support because it's costs were too high. I consider this false and misleading advertising because Solo promised 24/7 tech support in its promotional materials, and it has reneged on that promise, a classic bait and switch. I'm reporting this to the Federal Trade Commission. Let's see if the FTC is convinced by the tech droid's "explanation."

LOL let the wild speculation and hyperbole begin

As it turns out 3DR doesn't even offer 24/7 email support. It's web site says chat is available from 7am to 12am, but it is offline already, and I have waited more than 24 hours for a response to my email. Complaint already filed with FTC. It doesn't take kindly to false and deceptive advertising or the sale of defective products.
Yep, you have a great case. Let us know how it goes. Or we could read about it in the news I guess.

Reactions: pyrate
No need to be a jerk about it. Pray tell, how much experience have YOU had with tech support and how it operates? This is neither wild speculation nor hyperbole. It is based on EXPERIENCE having worked in the industry for 11 years.

11 Years that is awesome.
30 years working in he consumer goods service industry primarily consumer electronics and appliances, but basically everything from Lawn Equipment to Recliners
Personally negotiated service deals this year with just about every tier 1 and 2 manufacturer
You see my company does just over 1 million repairs a year in 22 locations around the country and in PR
I am the Director of Operations, and Business owner for all our systems

As for my experience with 3DR service, it has been fantastic.
I have already stated I think it is a bad move not to offer phone support. And I have noted tha they could have handled the PR better.

But here is the truth, no one on here knows what is going on. So unless someone from 3DR speaks up, you are speculating.
So yes please file with the FTC and keep us informed, should be very entertaining

Reactions: EyeWingsuit
Used to be I could call various toll-free numbers at 3am when I could not sleep. Psychic lines, date lines, fax machines and such. Later in life I got married. Now I get all the same results without the phone line. She tells me how things are going to be. She leads me to believe I could get lucky. I sometimes get the annoying shrill modem tones.

To be honest I prefer email these days....

Nick you joined this forum today, and I have just read the entire body of your very informative 14 posts.
clearly you have an ax to grind with 3DR

here is a little tip, when you join a community take some time to get to know the people on that group. unless of course you are just here to disrupt things and make fantastic claims about how your expansive 11 year career qualifies you file with the FTC against 3dr

Regardless, congratulations you have earned a place on my ignore list in less than 15 posts
that's a record

I don't think it was BOGO. They either didn't make themselves clear enough, or people simply didn't get it. My guess is a little bit of both. No big deal. They sent out an email explaining [better] how the discount works and that was it...

I got an email earlier today:

"Hello XXXXXXX

Great to hear from you. We're having a few issues with the phone system right now. I'll try to reach out to you tomorrow, but if the issue continues, we may need to move the conversation to email.
In the meantime if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Talk to you soon.

Best Regards,
XXXXX XXXXXXX - Manager
[3DR Sr Support Engineer]"

That said, I believe that the "issue" will continue and that they will slowly get rid of phone support.

Were you aware there are already several threads dealing with this same issue?
Hopefully some mod can merge all of them as there's no point having all of them.
It says right there in my post that a few people pointed it out. So yes, I was aware of a few people having brought it up. However, I did not see a dedicated thread about this "issue", so I started one. Again, the most important point for me to make was, that there is a TITLE out there, saying that 3DR doesn't take any calls at the moment. You (and everyone else can take it from there).

Thanks.

p.s. they can merge my thread with others. I don't care.

Worked fine the first time for me. With most sites that want you to use a promotional code, you are requested to use the code at checkout. So, I just assumed that I would need to have 2 in the basket to get the credit for one. Just my opinion, YMMV..
Exactly...

one thing for sure it has turned in to a world class speculation thread.
almost no substance

LOL let the wild speculation and hyperbole begin
Dude, who cares?! There are a million threads out there with NO substance at all. Do they all need to be closed, or can people just kill a little bit of time and post some stuff?! Kinda like what I am doing this instance. I can care less what you think or have to say. Yet I reply. Why? Just being bored, I guess. LOL.

Besides, your like someone that yells at someone to stop yelling, ha ha. Your comment is not really full of substance, you know. (and that is totally fine. We are here to have fun, right?! Not having fun, move on... or deal with it, ha ha.)

11 Years that is awesome.
30 years working in he consumer goods service industry primarily consumer electronics and appliances, but basically everything from Lawn Equipment to Recliners
Personally negotiated service deals this year with just about every tier 1 and 2 manufacturer
You see my company does just over 1 million repairs a year in 22 locations around the country and in PR
I am the Director of Operations, and Business owner for all our systems

As for my experience with 3DR service, it has been fantastic.
I have already stated I think it is a bad move not to offer phone support. And I have noted tha they could have handled the PR better.

But here is the truth, no one on here knows what is going on. So unless someone from 3DR speaks up, you are speculating.
So yes please file with the FTC and keep us informed, should be very entertaining

I am glad that you are filling this thread with the "missing substance". Good for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44