3DR Solo (With Issues) for $150 + Shipping

Reaction score
Well hello out there to all 3DR Solo Pilots!

I'm here today because, I'm selling my problem child drone!

It's been having some type of compass problem that I just can't troubleshoot, no matter what I do to try and fix it. And I've tried a lot!

Here's what I've done to the drone thus far.

1. I've changed the leg compass with a new compass.

2. I've replaced the Black Pixhawk 2.0 Cube with a brand new one.

3. I've even replaced the drones actual main board, thinking that it might of been a problem with that, it wasn't.

4. I've done a Level and Compass calibration within solex, as well as the original solo app's calibration settings.

5. I've done Mission Planner Level and Compass and Controller calibration.

6. I've switched the GPS 3 times, Rev A, to the Rev B, and then to the, mRo M8N.

7. I've replaced the GPS cable on the mainboard to the gps with a new one. And still nothing!

8. & Finally, I've done a factory reset, and I'm still having the same problem.

So it's time to go!

Backstory:
This drone has destroyed 4 full sets of props, because of it's flipping on its back due to bad landings. it's compasses are not letting the gps lock longer than 2 minutes tops.

It also has a small cosmetic scratch on it's casing that it got from a tree branch on it's right side, which you'll see in the images below. It also has a few scuffs on one of its arms which you'll see in the images below. This drone worked perfectly once when I first got it, so I put it away. After about a week of not flying it, I take it out again ready to run some app tests and it never locked on to gps again after that. I never could figure out why, and at this point I've thrown enough money and time at the problem with avail, so I'm calling it quits.
And it's time to go!

Maybe one of you super tech savvy 3DR Solo pilots out there know how to fix this kind of drone issue, because I do not!

Here's what this problem child drone package comes with:

1. 3DR Solo Drone

2. 3DR Solo Transmitter

3. 3DR Solo Battery 1, (13 charge cycles)

4. Rev, A. GPS

5. 1 full set of stock 3DR props, basically 4 props

6. Solo battery charger

7. Transmitter battery charger

8. Original 3DR Solo Box, which the drone will come in when I ship.

$150.00 USD + Shipping which could be from $20 to $30, depending on where you live in the US.

If you have any questions about the drone or shipping of it, please feel free to ask.

Sorry but due to shipping complexities, there will be no international shipping on this one... Sorry about that pilots across the pound.

I will ship anywhere in the US tho. ;)

P1130194.JPG
P1130171.JPG
P1130185.JPG
P1130189.JPG
P1130191.JPG
P1130205.JPG
P1130217.JPG
P1130213.JPG
P1130196.JPG
P1130221.JPG

Have you tried mag calibrations in different locations? It may sound odd, but this one comes from experience, not from solo but an ardupilot mega board ( pixhawk predecessor ) i found when i calibrated it in a certain location ( near any electronic or magnet ) that it would sometimes calibrate, but would calibrate way off base of where it should be... I feel this may be happening to you... Just a thought.... Goodluck

Reactions: Justfredioregon
Yup, I have indeed tried at different location, but still with the same results. At least for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo