3DR + NO-GoPro image thread

What a nice clear day you got for that shot!
Can't ask for a nicer Easter, but there's actually a bit of haze today - I might have some other shots that are a little more clear. Still amazing how much more detail you can get in pictures when using something other than a GoPro.

Reactions: makatanav
Can't ask for a nicer Easter, but there's actually a bit of haze today - I might have some other shots that are a little more clear. Still amazing how much more detail you can get in pictures when using something other than a GoPro.

Agree @jimloss amazing what a good 1 inch sensor and a decent lens can do, megapixels are good but a sensor and decent lens are better. I am using a Nikon J5 with a 10mm f2.8 lens

A couple photos from the 2018 National Tractor Trek. Taken with Nikon J5, 10mm F2.8 lens mounted on my solo. The yellow crop is canola, the green crop is wheat. These images taken near Young, NSW, Australia in September 2018.

tractor_trek_2018_2.jpg

tractor_trek_2018_01.jpg

tractor_trek_2018_3.jpg

Great thread and pictures guys!
I’m still looking for a light camera with an intervalometer to attach on the bird myself.

Ricoh GR (245 grams) has a buildin intervalometer, but hdmi video out + intervalometer will not wotk togeather (either that or that)
I haven’t done my research lately, but my last plan was to attach the other camera while it takes photos in intervals along with the GoPro so I can still see where I’m going.
This means 1. It’ll get heavier (prolly won’t be flying too high anyway if it’s for landscape shots) and 2. I have to find a way to attach the intervalometer Cam (3d print??)

Thanks for the lead @makatanav

I haven’t done my research lately, but my last plan was to attach the other camera while it takes photos in intervals along with the GoPro so I can still see where I’m going.
This means 1. It’ll get heavier (prolly won’t be flying too high anyway if it’s for landscape shots) and 2. I have to find a way to attach the intervalometer Cam (3d print??)

Thanks for the lead @makatanav

I am using the Nikon J5, it has intervalometer and you can view using the hdmi out cable. So if you only were going to use the GoPro as eyes, leave it off and fit a camera that will let you take advantage of hdmi cable.

This is my early basic version with a panasonic lumix tz110
Ignore the leg extensions, it was early days, fits on the standard gopro mount.

3dr_lumix_mount.jpg

Finally...got out for a fly yesterday. Checked out a new spot just out of my hometown Cootamundra, New South Wales, Australia. This was taken from a place called Pioneer Park on the edge of town. The light is not the best but with some odd weather about I was happy just to fly. I am going back there again, probably a bit later in the day to get some better light and do a pano. This is a single image , Nikon J5 mirrorless 10mm f.28 lens

mDSC_0160low.jpg

A couple of images of our farm taken yesterday. The fog finally cleared at around 1pm. These were taken around 3pm. Its nice to finally see some green in the paddocks. Still very dry in a lot of parts of Australia. Images are only low resolution.

These were taken with a Nikon mirrorless J3 camera (I usually use the J5 model) bought this cheap of ebay and was giving it a run. A good little back up camera.

powers_11-6-19_01.jpg

powers_11-6-19_02.jpg

powers_11-6-19_03.jpg

powers_11-6-19_04.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo