3DR Live Feed

Reaction score
My buddy said that you have to record in order for the live feed to work on the go pro? Is that true or is that just a settings issue on his part? Can you just use it as a live feed without having to actually record anything? Thank you!

I get my 3DR solo drone tomorrow. Can't wait

If you use the GoPro uninstalled (not in Solo) you can have it automatically turn off after so many minutes to save battery. While installed inside a powered solo it will stay on indefinitely because it is receiving power from the aircraft

If you use the GoPro uninstalled (not in Solo) you can have it automatically turn off after so many minutes to save battery. While installed inside a powered solo it will stay on indefinitely because it is receiving power from the aircraft
Also, If GoPro Battery is not fully charged - THEN Solo's Battery will kick-in & charge GoPro's Battery for you - NOTE: Probably what to make SURE GoPro is fully-charged so that this doesn't take away from flight time.

The small current it uses to operate the GoPro will not appreciably affect your flight time. Don't need to charge the GoPro between flights, it will be a waste of your time and eventually you will break the GoPro or gimbal connectors from repeated removal.

The small current it uses to operate the GoPro will not appreciably affect your flight time. Don't need to charge the GoPro between flights, it will be a waste of your time and eventually you will break the GoPro or gimbal connectors from repeated removal.
Is that really a thing (breakage due to removal)? First I am hearing about that. Of course, I also haven't removed my gopro since I first put it in the gimbal. LOL!

My buddy said that you have to record in order for the live feed to work on the go pro? Is that true or is that just a settings issue on his part? Can you just use it as a live feed without having to actually record anything? Thank you!

I get my 3DR solo drone tomorrow. Can't wait
I've found the opposite to be true with my 3+ silver. Thankful I finally got my 4 today

Is that really a thing (breakage due to removal)? First I am hearing about that. Of course, I also haven't removed my gopro since I first put it in the gimbal. LOL!

The 30 pin connector on the back of the GoPro isn't designed like a USB plug with hundreds or thousands of cycles in mind. To add to that, due to the design of the gimbal, you can't really insert the GoPro straight into the connector.

Reactions: Cuzman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44