3DR called me on the phone!

Reaction score
So go this email back from Gary at 3DR and he wants me to change a something and I have zero clue on what he is talking about!

Gary (3drobotics)

Aug 26, 10:05 AM

Richard,

There are some parameters modified that are affecting the battery readings you will need to modify this parameter SYSID_SW_MREV 120 and set it to 0 and then power cycle everything that will reset your parameters to factory.
Also run a level calibration indoors without propellers to get the best calibration possible as in all the logs I noticed high offset for the accelerometer's affecting flight performance.
Also all logs showed you were flying in a backyard surrounded by trees this is not a good fly zone as the structures and trees affect GPS signal making the drone think is in one position when actually is in another and because of this the drone tries to compensate its position because it suddenly loses connection with a particular satellite affecting the position reading.
I've attached a picture showing how it affects, after resetting the solo,fully charge the battery and do a flight test in an open clear area and let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,
Gary Gregory
[Tech Support Engineer]

The location I understand but the majority of my flying has been at a large park, and the calibration is understandable. I rather take i back to factory settings and start over, is there a way of doing that?

nevermind found the factory reset on their website

So go this email back from Gary at 3DR and he wants me to change a something and I have zero clue on what he is talking about!

Gary (3drobotics)

Aug 26, 10:05 AM

Richard,

There are some parameters modified that are affecting the battery readings you will need to modify this parameter SYSID_SW_MREV 120 and set it to 0 and then power cycle everything that will reset your parameters to factory.
Also run a level calibration indoors without propellers to get the best calibration possible as in all the logs I noticed high offset for the accelerometer's affecting flight performance.
Also all logs showed you were flying in a backyard surrounded by trees this is not a good fly zone as the structures and trees affect GPS signal making the drone think is in one position when actually is in another and because of this the drone tries to compensate its position because it suddenly loses connection with a particular satellite affecting the position reading.
I've attached a picture showing how it affects, after resetting the solo,fully charge the battery and do a flight test in an open clear area and let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,
Gary Gregory
[Tech Support Engineer]

The location I understand but the majority of my flying has been at a large park, and the calibration is understandable. I rather take i back to factory settings and start over, is there a way of doing that?
Hello Richard,

I assume 3DR's response was a reply from the ticket you filed concerning your solo's motors reversing in your other post?

Anyway the SYSID_SW_MREV (aka software Manufacturer Revision) parameter Gary is wanting you to change to zero stores the current firmware parameter set loaded. Essentially changing this to zero forces a hard factory reset for the Pixhawk II parameter set. It will give your solo parameter amnesia and parameters will be reset to their factory defaults. It is the equivalent of hitting your solo over the head with a rubber mallot!:p
If you want to read more you can check Github for this issue: https://github.com/diydrones/MissionPlanner/issues/460

Last edited:
You can get to the parameter in question in Tower. I would just follow along and do what the tech said. Keep in mind you will be zapping all your values, so you will have to go through them to make sure where they are.

I do not have tower since I am running Apple. Is there a similiar app for that?

Look at the software update sticky thread. Follow the procedures he uses, but just change the parameter 3dr told you to

You can get Mission Planner for PC. It is also great for looking at log files.
When you get MP, connect to Solo network, change connection type to UPD, and look for parameters..

Once you fix your solo, you can move on to "replaying" your flights in MP where you can watch the Solo on a map, look at live graphs of parameters, etc. It is pretty cool...

Reactions: Ian [P13]
When you get MP, connect to Solo network, change connection type to UPD, and look for parameters..

Once you fix your solo, you can move on to "replaying" your flights in MP where you can watch the Solo on a map, look at live graphs of parameters, etc. It is pretty cool...
He said he was using Apple, which I took to mean a Mac, but maybe he just meant his phone. Gave him a link to APM 2 above in case he is on a Mac.

He said he was using Apple, which I took to mean a Mac, but maybe he just meant his phone. Gave him a link to APM 2 above in case he is on a Mac.
Saw that :). Figured I would cover both bases. One of us will be right. Lol.

I was using just my phone for viewing in flight which is a iphone. I do have MP on my desktop. I just picked up a Andriod 7" tablet for the radio. But the solo app is apparently not compatible with it. Running 4.4.2 Kitkat OS. do you need the Solo app to run or do you run it off of tower?

I was using just my phone for viewing in flight which is a iphone. I do have MP on my desktop. I just picked up a Andriod 7" tablet for the radio. But the solo app is apparently not compatible with it. Running 4.4.2 Kitkat OS. do you need the Solo app to run or do you run it off of tower?
If you have MP, that will work. Just connect it to Solo. You should be able to get at params then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44