2nd Solo

Reaction score
Bought my first Solo 3 weeks ago and I love it.
Picked up my second one today and cannot figure out how
to get the app to work.It seems like its only going to respond to the first solo.
I have searched for the answer but have come up with nothing.

Bought my first Solo 3 weeks ago and I love it.
Picked up my second one today and cannot figure out how
to get the app to work.It seems like its only going to respond to the first solo.
I have searched for the answer but have come up with nothing.
You have to use the controller that came with the 2nd Solo and consider them separate systems. Just do with your 2nd, whatever you did with your 1st - from scratch.

IF you want to use the same controller, you have to pair it every time you switch birds. The controller is the router and if you use Solex, that's what that app really keeps track of... the controller, not the individual Solo.

Ok I got it working. I realize each solo needed its own controller. The problem was the app (aka the tablet) would not connect to the new solo. What I was stuck on was the new controller needed an update before it would proceed with its bootup.
I finally uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. that let me hook the tablet to the new solo and proceed with the updates.

I think the real solution would of been to go into the tablets wifi screen and force a disconnect with the older solo and force a connect with the new solo which is at default called solo_link.
So I have both Solo's up and running and I can switch between them using the same Nexus Tablet by manually choosing which WiFi domain I want ie. Old_Solo or New_solo.. Works fine..
Thanks.

Ok I got it working. I realize each solo needed its own controller. The problem was the app (aka the tablet) would not connect to the new solo. What I was stuck on was the new controller needed an update before it would proceed with its bootup.
I finally uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. that let me hook the tablet to the new solo and proceed with the updates.

I think the real solution would of been to go into the tablets wifi screen and force a disconnect with the older solo and force a connect with the new solo which is at default called solo_link.
So I have both Solo's up and running and I can switch between then useing the same Nexus Tablet by manually choosing which WiFi domain I want ie. Old_Solo or New_solo.. Works fine..
Thanks.
Don't understand all that exactly as the SSID is in the Controller, so you must have both Solo "systems" up and running. But that's why I suggested simply duplicating what you did with the first Solo/Controller/System - because updates and calibration would be called for. The App looks at the new Solo/Controller/System and says, "yep, this baby needs the updates..." I have never had to uninstall and reinstall the App through 4 Solos... ever, though some folks on here find it a lovely ongoing ritual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso