11 seconds of fame

Reaction score
Yay, I made 11 seconds of airtime on the local news channel.
PDX got a blanket of snow on Dec 24th, I had 30 mins of a break in the weather and about 15 mins to edit video. So I took out my solo (Green Cube, HERE GPS) made a quick video which I edited on my phone and then immediately uploaded to youtube and sent the link to the local news channel (Koin 6).

Here's the full vid

They used the segment from 17 secs to 28 secs as their opening footage on the 4, 5, 6 and 11pm broadcast!

Now in retrospect I wish I'd had time to properly edit the footage, take out the two shots with the leg showing, did less sharp turns and of course affixed a 3.97mm lens to the gopro (guess what's next on my list).

Either way, yay, top of the world ma!

Unfortunately not, so all my footage has to be "donated" for free, but for now I figure I can build up views and hopefully get my 107 in Jan or Feb. My wife is a fully fledged pilot though, so I'm trying to convince her to get her licence anyway since she doesn't need to take the test.

Unfortunately not, so all my footage has to be "donated" for free, but for now I figure I can build up views and hopefully get my 107 in Jan or Feb. My wife is a fully fledged pilot though, so I'm trying to convince her to get her licence anyway since she doesn't need to take the test.
be careful, does not matter if you donated it, the FAA could still be dicks about it, and if they did might prevent you from getting a 107

Dude, no offence, but stop working for free! Some people want to make a living out of this. It's bad enough that they lie to us and not report at all on issues that matter, but the fact they rarely even have to pay a cameraman these days really ticks me off.

Yay, I made 11 seconds of airtime on the local news channel.
PDX got a blanket of snow on Dec 24th, I had 30 mins of a break in the weather and about 15 mins to edit video. So I took out my solo (Green Cube, HERE GPS) made a quick video which I edited on my phone and then immediately uploaded to youtube and sent the link to the local news channel (Koin 6).

Here's the full vid

They used the segment from 17 secs to 28 secs as their opening footage on the 4, 5, 6 and 11pm broadcast!

Now in retrospect I wish I'd had time to properly edit the footage, take out the two shots with the leg showing, did less sharp turns and of course affixed a 3.97mm lens to the gopro (guess what's next on my list).

Either way, yay, top of the world ma!
Congrats, good job! And Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to you. Oregon is one of my favorite states in the US. Nice to see it in winter!

Dude, no offence, but stop working for free! Some people want to make a living out of this. It's bad enough that they lie to us and not report at all on issues that matter, but the fact they rarely even have to pay a cameraman these days really ticks me off.
I know exactly what you’re saying. But if the news channel didn’t get it from him they’d get it from someone else. It’s just how it is, and I’d rather @IrishmanPDX get his 11 mins of fame. They (news and local programs) ask people to “send in” their Photos/videos to be featured. It’s become part of social media. In an ideal world everyone with a camera is a professional and should get paid for anything they shoot and share that the public funds interest in. Not gonna happen.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Of course not with that attitude. Should I just go and lay down on the train tracks now because I ain't going to live forever? :)
Don’t tell me you don’t see the difference between those two scenarios. “No ones buying my photos so I’m just gonna kill myself.” ???

Don’t tell me you don’t see the difference between those two scenarios. “No ones buying my photos so I’m just gonna kill myself.” ???
Sorry, should have mentioned inevitability to be clearer... if everyone else is going to do it, then I should too and before they do.

Sorry, I'm a fight to the death sort of guy, but each to their own :)

Sorry, should have mentioned inevitability to be clearer... if everyone else is going to do it, then I should too and before they do.

Sorry, I'm a fight to the death sort of guy, but each to their own :)

You know what else is inevitable?
Self promotion. ;)

Reactions: Solo Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela