How to: Avoid loss of controller connection and WiFi Interference

Could these be 5 GHz channels?

EDIT:

2.4 ISM band is not really channelized so maybe they are simply showing it as 'channels' where it's not really used that way.

I wish the 3DR would include a display like this, it would help us to survey the WiFi channels instead of forcing us to use our own app to see what's going on (I already made this suggestion to them).

Actually looking at the screen shot I just posted it looks like 2.4 ghz to 2.483 falls into the standard 1-14 range. Maybe DJI doesn't know the right channel numbers.

But thanks for the info about 1,6 and 11 !

I really don't understand where the 13-20 comes in as that is outside the standard 802.11 band.

Maybe that is the point, to keep the interference at a minimum by using channels that are out of the normal range that basically almost all wifi routers use. Lower traffic and less congestion means fewer possible overlaps... I'm just guessing though.

Good info!

That is what I am thinking. Japan gets channel 14 and other parts of the world outside the US get 12 and 13 as well.

Assuming this chipset supports 12,13 and 14 I have to wonder if it will work.

Sould i redit my chanlist to only chanlist=1 6 11 ??

Last edited:
You may want to test it and see what works. It seems there is a lot to be said for only using these channels.

I would say that in practice, it may depend on what the WiFi landscape looks like where and when you fly. That's the whole point of this thread. :)

Unless something has changed recently, many years ago Apple pulled the plug on apps that scan for wifi and display this type of info. I use these apps quite often and it was one of the biggest reasons I ran from Apple to Android and haven't looked back.

Sorry to say, if you have an Apple device, you're probably out of luck. :(
Unless you Jailbreak your iphone:

"This isn’t possible on iPhones and iPads. Apple restricts apps from accessing this Wi-Fi data directly from the hardware, so you can’t get an app like Android’s Wifi Analyzer on Apple’s App Store.

If you jailbreak, you can install an app like WiFi Explorer or WiFiFoFum from Cydia to get this functionality on your iPhone or iPad. These tools moved to Cydia after Apple booted them from the official App Store."

http://www.howtogeek.com/178923/jai...to-know-about-jailbreaking-iphones-and-ipads/

One more reason I'm glad I found my s6 I've been using an Iphone and iPad for a while since windows phone didn't have any apps for these kind of things. I thank solo and tower for making me jump to android to access tower ASAP and I couldn't be happier now, my I devices feel like there from 1990 after using the s6 I just didn't realize what I was missing out on in apples closed off world.

Reactions: Iconic Images
One more reason I'm glad I found my s6 I've been using an Iphone and iPad for a while since windows phone didn't have any apps for these kind of things. I thank solo and tower for making me jump to android to access tower ASAP and I couldn't be happier now, my I devices feel like there from 1990 after using the s6 I just didn't realize what I was missing out on in apples closed off world.
Better late than never..:D

Better late than never..:D
No doubt I had a Phoenix android a long time ago and was very unimpressed then I started with windows phone and overall I really liked it, but I couldn't find apps for anything so I went with Apple thinking they have nearly every app. I've had an iPad a while and like it but only used iPhone for less than a year and realized it's not for me, I see why they sell well, their simple and you barley need to be able to spell your name to use the thing. A large percentage of the population are happy with that and with being way behind the times in tech without even knowing it. You'd assume since they are the most expensive there the greatest, but at least in my experience comparing them this couldn't be further from the truth.

If the cult ever gets a chance to try out an s6 or I'm sure most any new high end android Apple could be in trouble unless they change some things fast. Almost the exact same situation another well known huge company who have controlled their market a while is going to be finding itself in soon if they don't get creative again.;) Just my thoughts and both are still doing very well and producing quality products but I'd be surprised if either ones next offering isn't more innovative and exiting then the last upgrades they shipped, only time will tell.

Reactions: Jubalr
At the moment yes. Evidently it's better to be on the same channel as other WiFi devices so you can share bandwidth rather than interfere with each other. Also these channels don't overlap with each other, which helps.

Read the link I included about optimization of WiFi access points.

I wonder if we should sticky this as the topic seems to come up a lot.

No doubt I had a Phoenix android a long time ago and was very unimpressed then I started with windows phone and overall I really liked it, but I couldn't find apps for anything so I went with Apple thinking they have nearly every app. I've had an iPad a while and like it but only used iPhone for less than a year and realized it's not for me, I see why they sell well, their simple and you barley need to be able to spell your name to use the thing. A large percentage of the population are happy with that and with being way behind the times in tech without even knowing it. You'd assume since they are the most expensive there the greatest, but at least in my experience comparing them this couldn't be further from the truth.

If the cult ever gets a chance to try out an s6 or I'm sure most any new high end android Apple could be in trouble unless they change some things fast. Almost the exact same situation another well known huge company who have controlled their market a while is going to be finding itself in soon if they don't get creative again.;) Just my thoughts and both are still doing very well and producing quality products but I'd be surprised if either ones next offering isn't more innovative and exiting then the last upgrades they shipped, only time will tell.
Take a look at Android Sales vs IOS....

http://www.adappt.co.uk/sites/default/files/Market Share 2015.png

Note that newer Solo firmware allows more WiFi channels to be used, but the other points made in this thread about WiFi interference still are in play and can cause issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela