Windows Tablet practice use?

Try shutting off your windows firewall if you can't connect UDP. If it works, you'll need to add an exception for UDP port 14550 to the firewall rules.

Thought you were talking about video from the Solo via the router in the controller @ 10.1.1.1.
I can easily connect to Solo via UDP in MP with out doing anything to Windows Defender. Its that I cannot get VLC to play the video stream that is on port 5600 after I connect to Sololink

I just swapped my iPad mini 4 with my girl's new Nexxus 7 so that I can run Tower. Was a bit hesitant due to the smaller display but, it's imperative for me to get on Tower for an upcoming project and it's a bit of an ugh that 3DR chose Android open source for an "only platform" for the Solo with nothing at all on Google for talks about having a fork for an IOS version. Guess it's too much of a headache/change management problem to do that. Anyhow, haven't taken my Nexus/Tower combo out to the field yet for a test run because of bad weather. Have Mission Planner installed and might use it if it has a particular feature I'm looking for.

I just swapped my iPad mini 4 with my girl's new Nexxus 7 so that I can run Tower. Was a bit hesitant due to the smaller display but, it's imperative for me to get on Tower for an upcoming project and it's a bit of an ugh that 3DR chose Android open source for an "only platform" for the Solo with nothing at all on Google for talks about having a fork for an IOS version. Guess it's too much of a headache/change management problem to do that. Anyhow, haven't taken my Nexus/Tower combo out to the field yet for a test run because of bad weather. Have Mission Planner installed and might use it if it has a particular feature I'm looking for.

DroneNerd- You may have seen my rant about not seeing the Solo and Tower apps as Windows Universal apps. My wife's 10" Nokia Lumia 2520 running Windows 8.1 RT is a barn burner and would be perfect for this kind of work...and it fits on the Solo controller (wide screen format tablet)...but I guess we'll have to roll our own GCS for Windows tablets/phones.

DroneNerd- You may have seen my rant about not seeing the Solo and Tower apps as Windows Universal apps. My wife's 10" Nokia Lumia 2520 running Windows 8.1 RT is a barn burner and would be perfect for this kind of work...and it fits on the Solo controller (wide screen format tablet)...but I guess we'll have to roll our own GCS for Windows tablets/phones.
Didn't see your rant but, I can certainly relate, but, now that you mention it, you probably won't even see the FAA's B4UFly app either as they made it "only for" Smartphones aka iPhone, iPad. Just confirmed it on the Nexus. *rolls eyes*. This specific platform crap needs to stop and they all should be using a development tool that has the capability to output executables that can run on ALL platforms. It's such a PITA but, I certainly can understand the why's behind it as I'm a Visual Studio developer in C# and VB.Net and I don't have the employment justification to have anything run in Android or Apple so, if I were to volunteer my free time, I'd pick the logical route and do open source but, I don't have time for that either. If you have time for Windows tablet/phone development then more power to you bro. I'm sure other users on that platform who UAS will appreciate having a compatible GCS app on that platform for the Solo.

there are other OSs out there folks, not everyone is a fan of IOS
not to mention, coding for apple is much more a pain in the a$$

All you need is an apple developer willing to take the open source code and port it.
just does not seem to be anyone out there who wants to do that.
Though someone posted there is a paid app out there similar to tower

Didn't see your rant but, I can certainly relate, but, now that you mention it, you probably won't even see the FAA's B4UFly app either as they made it "only for" Smartphones aka iPhone, iPad. Just confirmed it on the Nexus. *rolls eyes*. This specific platform crap needs to stop and they all should be using a development tool that has the capability to output executables that can run on ALL platforms. It's such a PITA but, I certainly can understand the why's behind it as I'm a Visual Studio developer in C# and VB.Net and I don't have the employment justification to have anything run in Android or Apple so, if I were to volunteer my free time, I'd pick the logical route and do open source but, I don't have time for that either. If you have time for Windows tablet/phone development then more power to you bro. I'm sure other users on that platform who UAS will appreciate having a compatible GCS app on that platform for the Solo.

I saw their app...used it for 5 min on my Galaxy Tab 4...big wupp. If you look at the FlightZoomer apps that Martin Ruedi has developed for the WinPhone platform I'm sure you'll be impressed. Find them in the Microsoft Store. I'm helping him with the documentation (yup...150+ pages worth!) It is true that WinPhone is more popular in Europe (Nokia being a common phone there for years), but once you get to tablets and portable computers like the Surface, then I don't see the excuses for not developing for the Microsoft Universal App architecture.

Reactions: DroneNerd702
I saw their app...used it for 5 min on my Galaxy Tab 4...big wupp. If you look at the FlightZoomer apps that Martin Ruedi has developed for the WinPhone platform I'm sure you'll be impressed. Find them in the Microsoft Store. I'm helping him with the documentation (yup...150+ pages worth!) It is true that WinPhone is more popular in Europe (Nokia being a common phone there for years), but once you get to tablets and portable computers like the Surface, then I don't see the excuses for not developing for the Microsoft Universal App architecture.

You'd be as surprised as I am, me being a VStudio developer, that I don't have a WinPhone device. It's totally bizarre, I know. Was hoping someone in my tribe copped one so I could check it out and ever so often, ask them to beta test an app I might code for practice purpose lol. Making a note to google FlightZoomer.

No need to goog... just click here and have a look see. Martin flies his DIY drone like a 787 airliner using this system he developed himself:
Martin Rüedi's Blog

Uses a WinPhone on the drone as a companion computer. Pretty slick. The documentation is
Well it seems the Windows Phone won't be around for much longer anyway...
Ruthless Microsoft's Smart Decision To Kill Windows Phone
Windows Phone is dead

Steve- I've heard from the industry 3 ears ago that Windows 8 was dead as well. I'm using Win 10 on my Surface 3 Pro. I had a iPad that got so slow all I can use it for anymore is Pandora over the house stereo system....so I have no great preference other than I find the WinPhone to have a slick UI and its a great phone on the AT&T network...There is a lot to be said about application continuum from handheld to desktop...I'm speaking mostly about Office-OneNote-One-Drive etc. I've found it very useful in my work.
At any rate, that this guy from Switzerland developed a system to control the Pixhawk like a 787 autopilot system is impressive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc