Solo GPS Rev A / Rev B Availability... Official

Solos are so cheap these days, I wasn't going to wait a year to enjoy the performance improvement. 3DR would know you used a different GPS module though - when they looked at the logs and saw 12-20+ satellites! :(

Thanks! I will get one but first will see how Solo handles sats in signal congested areas to see the difference as I see no such between GPS shield V1 and V2.

Reactions: Nick F
I have just bought my 2nd Solo and it has installed the REV2 GPS (Black board).
I have also purchased a couple of GPS boards Mrobotics M8N too.
Now, what would you do? Keeping installed the REV2 gps adding the shield or would you install the M8N?

Reactions: Bouncin06
I have just bought my 2nd Solo and it has installed the REV2 GPS (Black board).
I have also purchased a couple of GPS boards Mrobotics M8N too.
Now, what would you do? Keeping installed the REV2 gps adding the shield or would you install the M8N?
Install the M8N. It will perform much better.

Reactions: Nick F
Question
DIY & Parts - 3DR

When you check out, use promo code: 3DRPGPSV2 and it'll be 50% off and free shipping. I just ordered 2 and they're already on their way.
:
DIY & Parts - 3DR

When you check out, use promo code: 3DRPGPSV2 and it'll be 50% off and free shipping. I just ordered 2 and they're already on their way.
Question: did something change with the promo code? I tried placing the order and shipping was $10. Also, when I added the second, the max discount was $14.95. Maybe I'm missing something.

Question: did something change with the promo code? I tried placing the order and shipping was $10. Also, when I added the second, the max discount was $14.95. Maybe I'm missing something.
Don't know where that shipping charge came from, but shields should be ordered on separate orders. You will get the discount each time you order a single shield, and they may be ordered one right after the other.

Don't remember the code, but if you got the discount showing once, you'll get it on the following order. Should be ~$15 each, to the door.

Don't know where that shipping charge came from, but shields should be ordered on separate orders. You will get the discount each time you order a single shield, and they may be ordered one right after the other.

Don't remember the code, but if you got the discount showing once, you'll get it on the following order. Should be ~$15 each, to the door.

Man... I can't seem to shake that shipping charge. This is the promo code I'm using; 3DRPGPSV2

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 11.22.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 11.22.59 PM.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 25
Man... I can't seem to shake that shipping charge. This is the promo code I'm using; 3DRPGPSV2
You are getting the discount so the code should be the correct one. I looked at my CC statement and they were $15.04 ea. shipped about 2 weeks ago. Maybe this shipping charge is something new. Perhaps try chatting with 3DR tomorrow. Shipping is 1st class in a legal size envelope - like the Pony Express!

Also, when I added the second, the max discount was $14.95. Maybe I'm missing something.

I ordered the two shields separately. As far as I was able to determine, I was only able to add one code per order, so I just placed two.

From Vu Tran 3DR

Hi All,

I'm sorry for the long delay in getting back to you all regarding the Rev B GPS boards.

Like Ian's post, this one is titled: Good News, Bad News.

Bad news: Unfortunately, we will not be making the Rev B boards available as a separate purchase. We've deliberated long and hard and in the end, we couldn't find a way to get additional boards to be produced at a acceptable price.

Good news: We spent the rest of the time testing possible combinations to increase the performance of the Rev A boards you currently have. I'm very happy to announce that we found a surprisingly good alternative. Our test results show that the combination of the Rev A GPS board and the new GPS shield yields significant acquisition gains in semi-occluded and occluded areas (places you're not supposed to be flying in) when compared with the old GPS shield. The new shield is made of a high-performance EMI absorbing polymer tuned specifically to the frequencies that GPS operates at. We're selling it for $29.99 but because it took us so long to respond we're giving everyone here on FB a 50% discount for the next month. Just use the promo code FBGPSV2. You can find the new shield here:Solo GPS Shield V2 - 3DR

I think you'll be very pleased with the performance increase. If you're not, I'll happily refund your money.

** edit **
Everyone has the old GPS shield, regardless of which version GPS board you have.

Here are the installation instructions:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I am very late in finding this link for a coupon.

do you have another coupon for the shield?

thanks for the code, but the shipping cost? is a little high
Chat with 3DR and gently voice your disapproval at the high shipping costs - which is apparently something new. They were always ~$15 to the door, with code and (not counting the people to lick the envelope) cost 3DR about 1/2 buck to "ship".

I just ordered the GPS shield V2 using the coupon code above. $15 shipped.

Under Shipping Options, mine had a default of Ground Shipping, $0 - There are other shipping options on the drop-down list, the second one was FedEx Ground $10. Maybe some people are getting this for the default shipping?

Frankly the new GPS by Jordi is the best upgrade
I do run the shield on both of mine.
But that new M8 module rocks solo
Me too, plus R11e Wi-Fi cards and it flies more than great, even under trees.... never lost control since....

has anyone tried to put 3DR shield on a revB? Does it really make no difference since 3DR advised against it?

3DR never advised against the shield on rev B
In fact when they replaced my Rev A with a Rev B they sent a shield and told me going to rev B without it would be useless
I have one solo with the rev B and shield, and one with Jordis M8 and shield
The Rev B with shield is great, but the M8 and shield absolutely rocks it

Reactions: twitchyzero
what is the R11e Wi-Fi card? where do I get one?

I think they're talking about this wifi upgrade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig