Reaction score
Hey all,
I’m posting this on here in the hope that someone can answer my prayers. I had hung up my drone for the last couple years and now living in Fl all I wanna do is fly. However upon my great return, I come to find out that I need a different app in order to fly it, and not only that I need a new GPS board in order for it to work. A gps board that can’t be found anywhere!!!

!!!!!!SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I’m at a loss and don’t know what to do!!

Right now the controller just tells me it wants to sync up and doesn’t do a damn thing.

Attachments

• IMG_6290.jpeg
    IMG_6290.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6289.jpeg
    IMG_6289.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
You sure you flew that drone with that controller years ago?

Because I took mine off the shelf after years and it still flew. It doesn't know time passed.

If you NEVER flew it, then yeah, you need to install some software to get past that screen, since the servers are gone, app is gone..

You sure you flew that drone with that controller years ago?

Because I took mine off the shelf after years and it still flew. It doesn't know time passed.

If you NEVER flew it, then yeah, you need to install some software to get past that screen, since the servers are gone, app is gone..
100% that it flew with that controller. I just have no idea where to begin.

And don't buy SOLEX whatever you do.. that's another dead-end.
100% that it flew with that controller. I just have no idea where to begin.
It's a real mystery. I had two pairs (Controller + Drone) that came off the shelf after years and neither one needed to rebind or update -- I wonder if your controller somehow discharged enough to "forget"? I thought it would all be in persistent flash, but maybe not?
I did charge mine from time to time to keep the batteries good.

And don't buy SOLEX whatever you do.. that's another dead-end.

It's a real mystery. I had two pairs (Controller + Drone) that came off the shelf after years and neither one needed to rebind or update -- I wonder if your controller somehow discharged enough to "forget"? I thought it would all be in persistent flash, but maybe not?
I did charge mine from time to time to keep the batteries good.
Hi Maxwell,
I'm in a similar situation here. I have a virgin SOLO and controller, is brand new (was) sometime. I bound the SOLO and controller. By conecting Mission Planner via the WiFi, I can see 8 sats with good HDOP, and the stick movements are observed.
After a lot of reading it appears that I need to flash OPENSOLO4 and flash the controller as well.
That being said, what's with SOLEX? Lots of negative chatter ! Is there any known app that will reliably work with a SOLO? This topic is a black hole, it seems.
I have a number of DIY drones and an IRIS+, all running Arducopter with zero issues. But it looks like an app of some sort will be needed to perform the initial magnetometer and gyro setup.

ANY tips are highly appreciated! TU, John

Hey all,
I’m posting this on here in the hope that someone can answer my prayers. I had hung up my drone for the last couple years and now living in Fl all I wanna do is fly. However upon my great return, I come to find out that I need a different app in order to fly it, and not only that I need a new GPS board in order for it to work. A gps board that can’t be found anywhere!!!

!!!!!!SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I’m at a loss and don’t know what to do!!

Right now the controller just tells me it wants to sync up and doesn’t do a damn thing.
This is easy to fix. Use Solex or SidePilot to update the firmware to Open Solo 4. Follow these instructions carefully. Install via Solex App

The GPS you have will work, it's just not a very good one. If you want an easy upgrade this is a good one. Here GPS PnP for Solo

Reactions: Mike Boland
If you do that, Solex will leave your 3DR Solo *unflyable*. There is no way to calibrate the IMU or the Compass with the Solex app, and the controller won't arm without calibration.

You're better off trying to hang onto the factory firmware on both the controller and drone so that you can at least Calibrate and fly.

If you do that, Solex will leave your 3DR Solo *unflyable*. There is no way to calibrate the IMU or the Compass with the Solex app, and the controller won't arm without calibration.

You're better off trying to hang onto the factory firmware on both the controller and drone so that you can at least Calibrate and fly.
There are a few ways to get the calibration done, like Mission Planner, etc. If Solex is giving you a problem you should talk to Solex support.

There is also the possibility of the firmware auto adjusting the compass orientation. This can be an issue unless you disable it or set the compass orientation manually.

There are a few ways to get the calibration done, like Mission Planner, etc. If Solex is giving you a problem you should talk to Solex support.

There is also the possibility of the firmware auto adjusting the compass orientation. This can be an issue unless you disable it or set the compass orientation manually.
I have looked all over the app, the Play Store listing, and every screen in the Solex app. There is no "Solex support" listed anywhere. no email address, no web site, no phone number, nothing.

Mission Planner was also unable to calibrate the compass, but also had other issues like sporadically running the motors. Keep props off if you try that App.
It might be possible through the Windows/Linux versions -- I was trying the Android app.

I have looked all over the app, the Play Store listing, and every screen in the Solex app. There is no "Solex support" listed anywhere. no email address, no web site, no phone number, nothing.

Mission Planner was also unable to calibrate the compass, but also had other issues like sporadically running the motors. Keep props off if you try that App.
It might be possible through the Windows/Linux versions -- I was trying the Android app.
That is a firmware error. Factory Reset or reinstalling Open Solo 4 usually fixes it but sometimes the SD card needs to be formatted or replaced.

Factory Reset did work, to bring me back to the 3DR firmware, but with the servers down, it was stuck at Update.
I reinstalled OpenSolo4 with Solex and was stuck at IMU Calibration (Solex bug).
I ran the old 3DR App and was able to calibrate IMU just fine.
Neither Solex nor the original 3DR App can calibrate the Compass, though, so still grounded.

I could try replacing the SD Card. Both of these Solos flew just fine on 3DR firmware before I touched Solex, though.

Factory Reset did work, to bring me back to the 3DR firmware, but with the servers down, it was stuck at Update.
I reinstalled OpenSolo4 with Solex and was stuck at IMU Calibration (Solex bug).
I ran the old 3DR App and was able to calibrate IMU just fine.
Neither Solex nor the original 3DR App can calibrate the Compass, though, so still grounded.

I could try replacing the SD Card. Both of these Solos flew just fine on 3DR firmware before I touched Solex, though.
All you have to do is calibrate using Mission Planner. Solex is not the cause. The firmware is different and is more sensitive to the hardware and has an auto rotate function for the compass that sometimes causes problems.

It starts, but just never finishes (MissionPlanner Compass Calibration).
I don't even get the failure razz tone... just the endless beeping.

I've twirled and tumbled the drones for over three hours altogether, even went to an undeveloped field and left everything metal in the car far away.

It starts, but just never finishes (MissionPlanner Compass Calibration).
I don't even get the failure razz tone... just the endless beeping.

I've twirled and tumbled the drones for over three hours altogether, even went to an undeveloped field and left everything metal in the car far away.
Using Mission Planner. If it still doesn't work you should check the Compass_Orientation parameter is 38.

Hello, I received our 3DR back from my son-in-law. I have a new phone so don't have the app anymore so I installed SidePilot and did the clean 4.0.0. The controller says "preflight update" and the drone lights come on. How do I connectt the controller to internet to update? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Hello, I received our 3DR back from my son-in-law. I have a new phone so don't have the app anymore so I installed SidePilot and did the clean 4.0.0. The controller says "preflight update" and the drone lights come on. How do I connectt the controller to internet to update? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
I am helping you on the Facebook group. Stick to one post for this problem.

Please who can help a brother out, I factory reseted my 3DR and it is stuck on pre-flight update. I am using the Solex app on my android phone.

Please who can help a brother out, I factory reseted my 3DR and it is stuck on pre-flight update. I am using the Solex app on my android phone.
Just follow these instructions carefully to update to Open Solo 4. This is the correct way to get past Preflight Update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig