I am DONE with 3DR

Odd, my post appears to be part of yours that I'm quoting.
I must not have read the posting manual.

Thanks Chris...
looks like it maybe too soon to get now... Maybe
Here's the rub: It's guaranteed that by 2016 there will be products that have more features, are not betas, delive on time and have the parts to support the product, and will come in at a lower price point. Right now, 3DR Solo is a failed experiment.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Well, I don't understand any of the troubles (yet , I assume ). My solo has been an absolute dream. Does what I want it to do. Every single time. Don't know why, but I really do enjoy the solo.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Here's the rub: It's guaranteed that by 2016 there will be products that have more features, are not betas, delive on time and have the parts to support the product, and will come in at a lower price point. Right now, 3DR Solo is a failed experiment.

guaranteed huh, and you know this how?

well no further info from 3dr so if they dont update me monday i will proceed with getting my money back, tired of messing around.

I hear you chris, usually buying something new does not turn into 5, pushing six, months of drama. Not to mention the delivered product does not meet all of the technical specs originally promised. I RMA-ed my whole set-up within 24 hours of receiving the gimbal. Now back to waiting. Can't we just all just "fly and and have fun", Colin where you at?

guaranteed huh, and you know this how?
There are several ways to see that the industry relating to drone products is developing much faster ths. Solo.
Right now, there are products on the market that almost meet the expectations of the Solo as it is supposed to be for much less money. The other is that right now, for what Solo can do, when everything is working properly there are products that exist with matching capabilities and greater value than the existing Solo. From the time that 3DR started promoting its capabilities (about a half year ago) it was the only idea (not even manifested to this day) around for such capabilities. By the time 3DR has actually delivered its product the market has grown and delivered superior products all around it. Given the energy of development in Drone products and the sluggish production schedule of Solo, it is clear that unless Solo finds a remarkable uptick in its production , it will fall behind the industry that is almost overcoming it now.

I'm inclined to agree DJI have huge slice of the market... So they will have $ to keep ahead and develop.
The only others that could make a dent are GoPro sand the Apple idrone..,as these companies are big and have established ca$h
Flows.....DA

I'm inclined to agree DJI have huge slice of the market... So they will have $ to keep ahead and develop.
The only others that could make a dent are GoPro sand the Apple idrone..,as these companies are big and have established ca$h
Flows.....DA
I believe the Apple iDrone is just a fabrication based on a mockup? I don't think Apple has ever said they'd make a drone.

I believe the Apple iDrone is just a fabrication based on a mockup? I don't think Apple has ever said they'd make a drone.
I think , if they did, It would a very dependable bird. I would be interested , the seamless integration across the board would be a major selling point. Not to mention the "innovations" Apple would bring to the market

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Ok so bright and early I received notice that they indeed got it back early on Friday and that my replacement Solo and Gimbal order had been placed and has not yet shipped out. Please note that lead time on RMA orders to ship is 1 week... :/ So basically they wont even ship it until this Friday perhaps...

Still waiting on my RMA gimbal as well. Told me by phone that the technical review was not complete. Gee I had it out of the box for 60 minutes, and never flew with it, argued they should perform the technical review on their own time. Not just delay my shipment. Then told me they would email back tomorrow after talking to friends in China. Original tech said as soon as they saw tracking activity on RMA labels, replacements would ship. Oh, not again...

I think , if they did, It would a very dependable bird. I would be interested , the seamless integration across the board would be a major selling point. Not to mention the "innovations" Apple would bring to the market
What about Intel's investment and cooperation with the other company, Yuneec?

Still waiting on my RMA gimbal as well. Told me by phone that the technical review was not complete. Gee I had it out of the box for 60 minutes, and never flew with it, argued they should perform the technical review on their own time. Not just delay my shipment. Then told me they would email back tomorrow after talking to friends in China. Original tech said as soon as they saw tracking activity on RMA labels, replacements would ship. Oh, not again...
Same shit. Got an order number and I assume one day they'll get around to telling the chicommies to ship it. Nothing out of them again today

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Daily Update--- It was Sept 12 when I logged the ticket and they had it back on the 18th under the promise of an expedited exchange versus refund. Sure I got an order number, which I was told would probably ship within a week after the RMA was recived. So 10AM tomorrow If I am not issued a tracking number, Im Out...

The_Final_Countdown_single.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso