I am DONE with 3DR

So I got my Label, Shipping back tomorrow. Im still undecided as to take the 3rd solo or get a refund. Its not like they could deny refunding if the 3rd is bad. at this point what do i wanna do...
I could get a P3 and paint it black i suppose.... or stick it out a bit longer.
It's not like the P3 dosint have there problems to...pic your poison! Lol

Actually the more I read about drones I think " the go" would be a hexa copter ideally ( less likley to fall out of the sky")
Have software that allows at least 3 way points ideally 5....( and works )
"Follow me" software"
" I'll be back" (home) software
Auto " gentle land" software.
"Circle a way point " software
Landing lights lol for night flights
Infra Red.... would definetly increase market for police, Military, search and rescue + more "fun" ( scaring the neighbours cat).
Made out of carbon fibre for lightness and strength.
A optional HQ video camera controled by master control unit and or ability to fit a Go Pro and control it from master control unit.
The body of the drone should be as areo dynamic as possible with the ability to attach one or two batteries at a time.
Have ability to attach a iPhone or
I pad for a monitor.
O and four around $3k or less without camera.
What's your " wish list"...

I RMA'd my complete unit. Got the gimbal in and it was misbehaving. So, I went to do a factory reset and it bricked the controller. Called them up the next morning (emailed the night before) and we were on the phone for over an hour. Sent back the solo, the gimbal and the controller. SHOULD get back a fully functioning and fully tested unit. If this doesn't work, then I will get a refund and invest in an inspire. Then save up for the X5 camera system. The combination of those two should blow away the solo for capabilities.

I am extremely happy with the solo itself. It has performed flawlessly for me. The delays on the gimbal and then with a large number not working properly had me upset. I have a lot of faith in this unit. It's just not quite there yet. I will give 3DR every chance to make things right with a complete product. But if they fail me again...

I sent my whole setup back as well, a "do over". As you have said, I hold hope it all works. I was committed to inspire before Solo popped up. I have a phantom 1 that has never ever had a problem. Not once did I seek DJI support or forum, never needed to. Live and learn.

Dang, here i am at work unpacking my GPC case to put it all in the original box to ship fedex and realized i left the battery charger at home... guess ill be ditching work to go get that so i can get this RMA out the door

Dang, here i am at work unpacking my GPC case to put it all in the original box to ship fedex and realized i left the battery charger at home... guess ill be ditching work to go get that so i can get this RMA out the door

Well its on its way back , guess ill let them try for strike 3

Solo maybe one day....but.....cancelled my Solo order on July 1 and purchased a Yuneec 4k..awesome. Has never failed me or crashed with over 150 flights on 5 batteries. Solo may be in my future, but for now I'm flying with confidence with my Yuneec 4k. Captured this image at 300 ft on Sept 13th near Baker, Florida

Attachments

• Sept 13 Corn Maze.jpg
    Sept 13 Corn Maze.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Reactions: GoodnNuff
I dont have the gimbal yet, delivery in Australia is supposed to be end of Sept.
But the Solo itself, flawless. Until I get the gimbal, im mainly focusing on aerial survey, and it's integration with Tower and MP makes that job just too easy. Long flight times, easy setup, incredible flight control.
I have my fingers tightly crossed that the gimbal is as good. If so, i'll be one happy little camper.
(my 2c)
neX:)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Its also bad that we are starting to see motor failures, this solo has a high pitched motor noise compared to my last, my friend has one too that does it, it is his second solo, assuming they're both out of later runs, I have to wonder if there are going to motor bearing failures in them.
Iv'e already replaced one motor (the solo tilted on its side and kept running until it burned out) Iv'e also replaced the HDMI cord since my original was bad from the get go.

WAIT...Too many bugs. Takes too long to calibrate even in FLY MANUAL. Main thing fr us is it is incapable of flying from a moving platform like a boat. Has to be perfectly still. Video feed was intermittent would have to recycle restart 50% of the time. The concept is GREAT, crash recovery and repair GREAT! Easy to fix vs Carbon arm INSPIRE. But too many negs for now. I say give it a year to iron out probs then buy. Also good luck on getting a gimbal...video is non usable without it...

WAIT...Too many bugs. Takes too long to calibrate even in FLY MANUAL. Main thing fr us is it is incapable of flying from a moving platform like a boat. Has to be perfectly still. Video feed was intermittent would have to recycle restart 50% of the time. The concept is GREAT, crash recovery and repair GREAT! Easy to fix vs Carbon arm INSPIRE. But too many negs for now. I say give it a year to iron out probs then buy. Also good luck on getting a gimbal...video is non usable without it...

Interesting you said that. One of my main uses was for me to fly from a boat to record wakeboarding. Usually we just turn the boat off when I take off. I haven't had an issue....yet (keeping fingers crossed). Landing is manual as we usually just grab it when it gets close. Never had an issue with video feed either but the Solo was always pretty close to the boat.

I'd be done but support told me the 30 day return after receiving the gimbal only applies to purchases directly from them.

Good decision. I'm currently stuck with my Solo. They won't RMA since I didn't buy from them and I'm closing in on 4 months waiting on a gimbal from DSLR Pros. Way unethical. All they are doing is creating a pissed off customer that is asked quite often for advice in this hobby (I unfortunately recommended the Solo to several friends who had bought one with 50% of them having issues). I hate to recommend DJI products to anyone, but at this point I'd recommend them over 3DR.

When I argued the point with the support rep telling him this 30 day return policy is posted on RC Groups he asked what is RC Groups, is that like Facebook. Craptacular support!

Last edited:
I'd be done but support told me the 30 day return after receiving the gimbal only applies to purchases directly from them.

Good decision. I'm currently stuck with my Solo. They won't RMA since I didn't buy from them and I'm closing in on 4 months waiting on a gimbal from DSLR Pros. Way unethical. All they are doing is creating a pissed off customer that is asked quite often for advice in this hobby (I unfortunately recommended the Solo to several friends who had bought one with 50% of them having issues). I hate to recommend DJI products to anyone, but at this point I'd recommend them over 3DR.

When I argued the point with the support rep telling him this 30 day return policy is posted on RC Groups he asked what is RC Groups, is that like Facebook. Craptacular support!

I tried to return mine too, even sent copies of the e-mail I got from 3dr stating the warranty is extended. Rather then lose money selling it im going to make sure I get the support I paid for. Im one of the lucky ones that hasn't any problems with the solo or gimbal except terrible lag on the video and im not going to stop contacting support till its fixed.

Well I checked the supposed tracking number that would be the new solo and gimbal after giving them time to get my RMA... it was just the return tracking number. Emailed and got the standard we are busy with the global launch of solo reply.

I'm thinking about getting a Solo... However would like a few of you owners to give it a score out of 5 and why that score if possible....
Would be greatly appreciated
BA
4 out of 5. Superior product (to the Phantom II, which I also own). Can use a modified GoPro. OR a plain GoPro which I believe superior to the built-in cameras in the Inspire or Phantom. Great customer service and the best warranty of any drone out there- by far. And I believe the company is more innovative in more important ways than DJI.

But I lost the summer of flying waiting for the damn gimbal. ALSO, as mentioned above there are bugs - which are being worked out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso