I am DONE with 3DR

Reaction score
Ok got my solo from RMA, new solo, new go pro black 4, got the gimbal on it.

Went to take video of a sunset off the mountain. Did level cal, compass cal, flew the first battery down to 10 % and landed. Uneventful.

Battery 2 power up same spot, has 9 satellites but wont lock to fly, then it throws calibration error. Its sitting flat.
Power off Power on, into the app again notice that i already started recording so i turn it off. I get satellites locked hit record, and she maintains good satellites and i power up hitting fly, Hold Fly to fly and boom she flips on her back. thrashed all the props. Im so pissed.
I just looked at the video the gimbal and all were miscalibrated because its not even level... This after a freaking battery swap. I dont get it. And if CALS are bad, why did it not warn at reboot. Ill eventually attach the video. But I am not a happy camper. This MFing experiment is OVER.. Im going to get my money back one way or another.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Video shows the first few seconds of the successful flight and then the outcome of the second.

Attachments

• 9-12-15LOGS.zip
    88.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Sad thing is the first battery was as close to perfect as i could expect

Oh and i looked at all the video, the go pro caught the calibration shift on level ground while i changed the battery it kept recording...

Link will be live in 2 hrs approx... (slow uploads here)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hmm it looks as if it may be possible to recoup some of my investment...

Too bad i have flytrex coming as well :(

PM me whenever you're ready to sell that gimbal ,

~z3r01~

I'm thinking about getting a Solo... However would like a few of you owners to give it a score out of 5 and why that score if possible....
Would be greatly appreciated
BA

The thing I like about the solo you can set up an auto flight path so you can just concentrate on the photography/ video. In addition have 2 go pros and an I pad + iphone 5
DA

Reactions: SKP
Lou that's impressive !
The impression I get is its made pretty strong... so " crashing is not a problem" in terms of survivability...
6 out of 5 stars....Can't ask for better than that....
DA

Lou what's the quality of the props like?
Have you substituted them for a better quality than std or thought about that?
What do you think of remote control unit...yes score out of 5 please
Out of curiosity have you flown it on a moonlite night?
DA

I honestly would rate it a 4, except there are tons of minor bugs, Its essentially a BETA release until probably next year. Currently I rate it 2. They just don't have it together. Customer service though is very highly rated. When you send a customer a replacement and it flips on its head 2 inches off of the ground first time out, then your product isn't quite out of the box ready.

Solo 8, Support 4.

Still getting Controller to Solo disconnects with no solution from 3DR Support. I've accepted this is normal for the Solo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44