How To: Reading Solo Logs

I started to figure out how to download logs and made progress with a number of the methods described here-- but didn't have ultimate success given various issues along the way. I'll try again but in the meantime I'd just like to say that it seems to me 3DR could make it a HELLUVA lot easier to work with logs with just a little programming on their part! :rolleyes:

Well for me it seems easy enough to use winscp to transfer the log files from the log directory to your computer and then open mission planner to read them but what I'm confused about now is the .bin file. Does dataflash disappear when the solo is rebooted? I understand technical stuff and I wish there was even a technical page that describes this in detail. There's just bits and pieces sprinkled all over the place.

Mission planner downloads the dataflash log but takes an eternity. I was hoping to go in a swoop it up via SSH/WINSCP

are you familiar in tail -f command? tail -f is what im using to read the logs

I know how to read logs. I'm trying to figure out how the .bin file gets produced and where it lives on the Solo so I can transfer it to my PC and read it in mission planner.

Ah ok. We're getting closer. So is bin file sitting in /logs or do I have to run the phython script to get it? I think I was on the controller when I ran the script the first time.
Yes you need to run the script while ssh'd in the solo, not the controller, to flush the logs from the pixhawk. They will be sent to the logs folder in the solo. Then you can copy them to your local hard drive and have fun with them in MP.

I haven't had any luck retrieving my logs. I keep getting the "No heartbeat received" error. Sometimes it starts the transfer, but never finishes. Usually the no heartbeat thing though. Rebooting does nothing.

When I try to use mission planner I get an error receiving the log list.

Anyone have any ideas?

Did you try to email yourself the logs? This is pretty easy to do.

Just send a support ticket, but change the TO address to be you.

Can someone write down the steps. I don't want to read back through the pages. lol Just have no idea how to. I'm using an android phone to run the solo app as i fly.

Did you try to email yourself the logs? This is pretty easy to do.

Just send a support ticket, but change the TO address to be you.

The solo was disconnected from the controller a few times yesterday. I need the logs off the solo so I can geotag the images. Specifically, I need the logs off the pixhawk, I believe, as I can't find any location information in the logs folder on the solo.

OK. Here is how bad I am about this........... I just got done flying my solo. Now what do I need to do. The first page isn't helping me any. I need it very dumb down.

The solo was disconnected from the controller a few times yesterday. I need the logs off the solo so I can geotag the images. Specifically, I need the logs off the pixhawk, I believe, as I can't find any location information in the logs folder on the solo.
The Tlogs have full GPS location info in them. All of your logs (android) should be on your tablet..
Tlogs, Tlogs Everywhere! | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

OK. Here is how bad I am about this........... I just got done flying my solo. Now what do I need to do. The first page isn't helping me any. I need it very dumb down.
If you haven't flown again, you can get the last 3 logs by emailing them to yourself. Power everything up and in the App go to support like you are sending a support ticket, but change the 'to' field to your email address. If you need to go back further...
Tlogs, Tlogs Everywhere! | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

I'm familiar with the article, I have used this technique many times. But it doesn't help me fill in the gaps in the logs from a lack of connectivity during the flight.

The only advice on that subject in the article is that I should get a better antenna.
I take it you are doing a tower mission, for it to lose connection and keep going. So yes, really the only data you can use would be the dataflash log.

Can you tell me the steps you have taken to get the dataflash logs?

I take it you are doing a tower mission, for it to lose connection and keep going. So yes, really the only data you can use would be the dataflash log.

Can you tell me the steps you have taken to get the dataflash logs?

I connect via ssh to 10.1.1.10 with username root. Type "loadLog.py latest" and it connects to the pixhawk. A few times it started to copy the dataflash logs, but it has never been successful. 49 times out of 50 it says "no heartbeat received."

Rebooting doesn't work, disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't work. Different ssh clients don't work.

I used to be able to see the logs in mission planner but now I get an error receiving the log list. It's too time consuming to get the logs through mission planner anyway.

I'm kind of stumped, surprised it is this hard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela