How To: Reading Solo Logs

I connect via ssh to 10.1.1.10 with username root. Type "loadLog.py latest" and it connects to the pixhawk. A few times it started to copy the dataflash logs, but it has never been successful. 49 times out of 50 it says "no heartbeat received."

Rebooting doesn't work, disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't work. Different ssh clients don't work.

I used to be able to see the logs in mission planner but now I get an error receiving the log list. It's too time consuming to get the logs through mission planner anyway.

I'm kind of stumped, surprised it is this hard.
Yea I'm surprised you are having these issues, what SSH client have you been using? I've had great success with putty.

Yea I'm surprised you are having these issues, what SSH client have you been using? I've had great success with putty.

I've tried putty and bitvise.

The very first time I tried the loadLog.py I at least got a progress bar, but it stopped half way. I waited for like an hour before rebooting. Since then I think I've only gotten a progress bar two more times, but it never finishes. Mostly "no heartbeat received".

The very first time I tried the loadLog.py I at least got a progress bar, but it stopped half way. I waited for like an hour before rebooting. Since then I think I've only gotten a progress bar two more times, but it never finishes. Mostly "no heartbeat received".
Yea that's why I like putty, the progress bar and status.

Here's what I do, I start the controller first, so it emits the WiFi. Connect to the WiFi and ready putty to connect to the solo. Power up solo, and as soon as it's finished it's start up sequence, connect to it with putty and begin the flushing. This works every time. However, I can only flush about 5 logs before I get the no heartbeat received. Then I must reboot everything and start over.

I honestly haven't pulled a data log since the latest firmware update, so I need to try it again. I know 3DR is actively working on a better solution for us to download the logs, hopefully it comes soon.

Wow it worked. I wouldn't have thought it would have made a difference to wait a few minutes before connecting. I had been letting the solo connect to the controller and then connecting to WiFi.

I made a lucky guess on the log number and got the flight before the one I was looking for, so after getting no heartbeat two more times, I got the log I was looking for on my third reboot.

Still seems a little broken, but I got what I needed.

Thanks.

Reactions: blackbandit
Actually you can connect to the solo wireless with a notebook. Download winscp and run it while connected. The controller address is 10.1.1.1.
Winscp is similar to putty but has a nicer interface for transferring files.

You will have to back up to get to root directory. You will see a logs folder.

What user/pass should be used?

Sometimes running the python script to get the latest log doesn't work. The download gets screwed up. What I do is load up mission planner and go into the dataflash tab and click the download dataflash log button. Once that opens up, look in the list for the timestamp of the log that matches the actual flight date/time. Keep in mind that the timzone is off. Anyway, once you find the log note down the number it is. Then, connect to the Solo with putty again and instead of running loadLog.py latest, run loadLog.py 64 or whatever the log number you want is. I've had almost 100% success rate doing it that way instead of using "latest"

Reactions: Jubalr
Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but this is the easiest and official 3DR way. Guide is attached.
Lybior

Attachments

• Solo guide to retrieve logs(Mac).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 118
Did you try to email yourself the logs? This is pretty easy to do.

Just send a support ticket, but change the TO address to be you.

I don't see how to do that. When I file a ticket from within the controller, it just sends it transparently. I don't see any email configuration come up.

I don't see how to do that. When I file a ticket from within the controller, it just sends it transparently. I don't see any email configuration come up.
They got rid of that ability (email) a few versions ago. Too many people were using it to just get their own logs, but it submits a support ticket which causes 3dr to have to waste time to look at it. It still submits a ticket and sends the logs behind the scenes, you just don't have the ability to cc yourself any more.

Reactions: bluesgeek
I have no issue getting into the root directory and finding the tlogs in the Log folder. I have yet to be able to find or identify the DataFlash logs. Are they still a Bin_File on the Solo?

I have no issue getting into the root directory and finding the tlogs in the Log folder. I have yet to be able to find or identify the DataFlash logs. Are they still a Bin_File on the Solo?
Yes, they are in a separate directory titled 'dataflash' I believe. In there you will find the .bin files.

I believe they are only on the solo, and not the controller, so be sure you are actually connecting to solo (10.1.1.10)

Reactions: Greg Parker
Im trying to locate my lost solo. Its in eight feet of water. I have tried mission planner and on my new laptop it wont connect. Just waiting for udp connection. Is there away to get flight path on the tablet like a dji?

And the logs are on the controller for certain. because i sent logs and 3dr said it was motor failure that caused flyaway. They are covering it. But i want to find my chappie III :(

Thanks for the video, I'm sure it will help a lot of people.

I also found another method to find the logs that are on your smart phone/tablet (the one with the Solo app).

Using your Android file browser go to this folder:
/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.o3dr.solo.android/files

(I have my 'show hidden files' turned on, but I'm not sure if this matters)

I found a file logs.zip here. This may be the file that was generated when I sent a support log to 3DR.

I also see a folder here named support_logs but it was empty.
There is a folder here also named releases which seems to contain the controller and solo firmeware at tar.gz files.
I sent logs using only controller because solo is lost. After semding report. There is folder names support logs. Three .T files are there its your last 3 telemetry files. Open them after mission planner is installed on comouter and then you can play flight after

Where (in the file system , or android Solo app) - can i find tlogs ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc