Firmware 1.3.0 is out

Jerry - the update is a firmware update. From v1.2.2 to v1.3.0.

There will soon be a Solo APP update (1.2.2 -> 1.3.0) that will take advantage of the new features in the firmware update that we just received.

Steve,

Yes, I understood this. I did the firmware update yesterday with my Shield tablet. When Marich brought it up I wanted to check for the app with my IOS. It looked as though it was updating the Solo app but obviously wasn't. The screenshot Marich posted (same as the one I got) looked as though it was updating the app. Just a bit confusing.

Thanks,

Jerry

Right now you should have:

iOS - 1.2.1
Android 1.2.2
Solo 1.3.0

1.3.0 iOS app is in the queue with Apple for approval
Both iOS and Android 1.3.0 apps are expected to be out before Thanksgiving.

Right now you should have:

iOS - 1.2.1
Android 1.2.2
Solo 1.3.0

1.3.0 iOS app is in the queue with Apple for approval
Both iOS and Android 1.3.0 apps are expected to be out before Thanksgiving.
hey mark-

My iOS is 1.2.1 'fer sure.. and up 2 date.
I'm curious why is J R's iOS showing 1.2.2, what's up w/ that?

Ian? anybody?

has anyone who has flown the 1.3.0 firmware noticed any improvements in the micro vibrations
that is the million dollar question

I updated yesterday, and took it out last night. Very smooth. I didn't have it cranked full out, but I basically had no vibrations.

I have an upgraded GPS antenna (plus we live in a place with very few obstacles), so I've always had good acquisitions, but locking on last night was noticeably faster. I also thought the upgrade process was my ch smooth than the last upgrade. After I upgraded last time I had to end up re-pairing my solo to the remote. Good update so far!

Haven't flown yet, but one issue i have noticed is that i lost control over the go pro. I do have 4 black. Used to be able to change modes and initiate record. Now all that is gone (disabled in the app) also recording dos not trigger go pro, only stream is recorded to an iPad. My guess is that it will get fixed with latest app. But i didn't notice anyone mentioning this issue. I tried restarting multiple times - no luck.

Installed with no issues, still running the previous version of app.... Video this AM showed less "ticking" in yaw movement. Motors do sound smoother through the power band. Will test hard this weekend. Amazing how the software can change so much for the flight characteristics. Thanks 3DR for the continued improvements.

Installed with no issues, still running the previous version of app.... Video this AM showed less "ticking" in yaw movement. Motors do sound smoother through the power band. Will test hard this weekend. Amazing how the software can change so much for the flight characteristics. Thanks 3DR for the continued improvements.

Rich,

New iOS app just came out on Apple App Store. Has camera settings.

Jerry

has anyone noticed under the performance tab the solo app is basically telling you to fly at half way between turtle and rabbit for best gimbal performance
interesting

Just downloaded the updated app. I have an iPad, and it had to be updated to iOS 9.1 for the app. Camera controls seems to be working great. I can't go flying right now due to weather but I booted everything up and tested the camera settings indoors.

I have included a few screen shots.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • image.png
    image.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 37
  • image.png
    image.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 36
has anyone who has flown the 1.3.0 firmware noticed any improvements in the micro vibrations
that is the million dollar question
Jury is still out for me, but the bird does feel "floatier" in flight. My various gimbal testing efforts doesn't make me a good judge that the firmware reduced micro vibes.... I hope it does reduce the issue further, I'm sure more answers will be given through the weekend....

Jury is still out for me, but the bird does feel "floatier" in flight...

Rich,

Yeah, I got one chance after the firmware update and I noticed two things (not enough testing for any conclusions yet). First, my GPS normally locks almost immediately with 8 or more Sats. On my little test flight it came up with 4 and took a few minutes to get to 8. Second, I took off with 8 Sats in GPS mode, got it up about 20' or so to let it hover, it was all over the place. Good 10-15' swath. Made me nervous enough that I put it in manual and landed it. Rebooted everything, went up again with 8 Sats, got to 13 pretty quickly but did seem to be, as you said "floatier". I didn't conclude anything from it because it was such a quick test and I wanted to wait for the new app anyway. Maybe a level and compass cal is in order with these updates. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Jerry

Reactions: RichWest
Guys, I was able to switch photo/video mode just on Android 1.2.2 app before even updating the Solo FW

Then I went to update the FW. Software update failed when I was about to transfer it the controller from my Xperia phone...had to update it with a nother phone using beta app

Successful update, now an issue:

Solo no longer charges 4 Black when it's on.
Solo doesn't turn on the goPro when it's turning on, but it does turn it off when the Solo is being turned off (so it works just like previous version, but someone said GoPro is supposed to turn on when Solo sis turning on?)

Android app 1.3 is incoming? Right now the only camera setting I can change via the app is "record during shots". I have it on but not sure what it means. It'll record video simulatenously when snapping still photos?

Any more info on RTL "cone"? How high does it fly in this cone and how large is said cone?

Just updated the firrmware. Good news is that when you power on the Solo it powers on the GoPro. Bads news is I no longer have video out on the screen (Android/IOS).

So far recycling and reseating the GoPro has not helped.Hero 4 Silver.
Oh that's not good news...:eek:

Jury is still out for me, but the bird does feel "floatier" in flight. My various gimbal testing efforts doesn't make me a good judge that the firmware reduced micro vibes.... I hope it does reduce the issue further, I'm sure more answers will be given through the weekend....

After upgrading the firmware, I just went for a flight in some stiff winds. I think its much more stable. I used to have a shimmy when loitering but that appears to be gone. Performance in 13-19mph winds was great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44