Firmware 1.3.0 is out

according to Phlip this is the Kitchen Sink Firmware
we will still have to wait for the app to unlock it all. but this is step 1

Reactions: Ian [P13]
I hope so, I don't notice much of a difference, but it's dark here so I can't fly it.

most of the firmware updates are not going to be noticed on the ground
it appears the solo, gimbal and ardupilot all got upgrades
the app release will harness all that to give you full gopro control

Just updated the firrmware. Good news is that when you power on the Solo it powers on the GoPro. Bads news is I no longer have video out on the screen (Android/IOS).

So far recycling and reseating the GoPro has not helped.Hero 4 Silver.

Reactions: Jingo
Just updated the firrmware. Good news is that when you power on the Solo it powers on the GoPro. Bads news is I no longer have video out on the screen (Android/IOS).

Flex,

Do you mean you have no FPV on your tablet? No picture from your GoPro. I have an Nvidia Shield which has an actual HDMI out. I did the update with no issues so far. GoPro Hero 4 Black seems to be working fine.

Jerry

Have you tried to uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that works...
Just a thought..

Mine does not start the GoPro automatically. I have to power it on
The red charging light does come on
Are you sure the camera is on

Reactions: J R
Flex,

Do you mean you have no FPV on your tablet? No picture from your GoPro. I have an Nvidia Shield which has an actual HDMI out. I did the update with no issues so far. GoPro Hero 4 Black seems to be working fine.

Jerry

Silly me, when the update was done I powered the Solo off but it did not power off the GoPro and when I powered the Solo back on I assumed it powered the GoPro back on.

Nope, its just supplying power. Good news is I'm getting video after a few power ups on the GoPro.

Hold up. I'm having an issue too. I came to check mine after your post to see if I could help. Mine powers up the GoPro (turns on the red power light) but the LCD display shows nothing. When the Solo app comes up there is no FPV. If I manually power on the GoPro it comes back up. I also received a message the my GoPro need a firmware update. I'm going to check that now.

Jerry

Mine does not start the GoPro automatically. I have to power it on
The red charging light does come on
Are you sure the camera is on

Yes it was on and whats funny I could hit the record button and the GoPro would flash. Good to go now though.

Too many goodies to list, FPV improved, follow me improved vertical and pan stability on and on

I was doing a flight about an hour ago, and the app said update available... I thought... That can't be right, and ignored it... :(

I wonder when the app will be updated so we can control the gopro settings. .hopefully soon

seems like I read it was going to, but mine does not. I freaked out too, had the red light and no feed and wen NOOOOOOOOO
but as soon as I powered on the gopro video came up. Hope it solves some problems for the silver folks

Reactions: Doug Benson
I wonder when the app will be updated so we can control the gopro settings. .hopefully soon

I would suspect so, they would have needed that control to test the firmware. So the app code must be out there. And I am betting the new app will be release 1.3.0 that will put most components on the same release number

My solo app said gopro needs update yesterday. Flew today and power light came on when powered up. Turned on gopro and all is well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44