New 3 blade propellers

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these new 3 blade propellers on their 3DR solo yet? I am curious as to how well it fly's with them. I need to order some backup propellers but not sure yet if i should order these or go with stock type. Any feed back is appreciated

1708465955000.png

Has anyone tried these new 3 blade propellers on their 3DR solo yet? I am curious as to how well it fly's with them. I need to order some backup propellers but not sure yet if i should order these or go with stock type. Any feed back is appreciated

View attachment 12118
Good props - I run Master Airscrew here, two and tri-blade. Out of eight two-blade needed a slight balance touchup, but no worries. Original Solo props all needed balancing...

Reactions: Mike Boland
Good to know thank you for your input it helps for sure. How do you go about balancing props? This is my first drone and I have never heard of having to balance them.

Good to know thank you for your input it helps for sure. How do you go about balancing props? This is my first drone and I have never heard of having to balance them.
Hey Tony - One really should balance them on a drone especially, as the vibrations degrade the sensors lower threshold and cause real problems. 90% of hobby props must be balanced - the stock 3DR props (from 3DR) are pretty good, just OK. Those Airscrews are tops.

To balance one needs a DuBro Balancer, plus the optional but required for Solo props, reverse threaded shaft.

Go with the Master Airscrews and you can avoid the rather pricy rig, or you can make one after buying the $18 double reverse threaded rod, LOL.

Reactions: Mike Boland
Sounds like i will go with the master air screws for sure. I am currently in the "STUCK" stage and can't fly. I has open solo 4 installed and flying good but my camera wouldn't work so i had to take solo and controller apart and flash back down to the old solo software but for some reason it's stuck in preflight update so I have no idea what to do. I am about to give up on this thing completely. Been a pain in the *ss so far.

Reactions: jonbrotherton
Sounds like i will go with the master air screws for sure. I am currently in the "STUCK" stage and can't fly. I has open solo 4 installed and flying good but my camera wouldn't work so i had to take solo and controller apart and flash back down to the old solo software but for some reason it's stuck in preflight update so I have no idea what to do. I am about to give up on this thing completely. Been a pain in the *ss so far.
The triblade props work great but the consensus is that they are slightly less efficient than 2 blade in most scenarios.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig