Hello! Needing some help...

Reaction score
Hello all.
I'm a new contributor here but I've been reading threads on this forum for ages because I love the 3DR Solo platform... well, until now 😄

I've had 3 solos - set them all up for fishing with droppers etc and over the years ended up selling them to mates. I've never used the app - just flown them hardware only (no gimbal to maximize fishing payload) and used the GPS feature on the remote to tell how far out to sea I am.
Anyway - picked up a reasonably new solo the other day, took the gimbal off, rigged up a remote dropper like I've done to these other ones, but..... this one has come up with "magnetic interference" and i cant for the life of me make it go away.
I've tried it without the dropper on to see if it was that - but it looks like this could be something to do with taking the gimbal off? even though I've done it all before twice (one of the ones I had didn't come with a gimbal) and have never had any issues.
Basically, I'm not keen to pay for the solex app, so is there anyway to reset/recalibrate the drone without that? Very keen to get it up and running for whenever the nice weather turns up!

Cheers
Josh

Hello all.
I'm a new contributor here but I've been reading threads on this forum for ages because I love the 3DR Solo platform... well, until now 😄

I've had 3 solos - set them all up for fishing with droppers etc and over the years ended up selling them to mates. I've never used the app - just flown them hardware only (no gimbal to maximize fishing payload) and used the GPS feature on the remote to tell how far out to sea I am.
Anyway - picked up a reasonably new solo the other day, took the gimbal off, rigged up a remote dropper like I've done to these other ones, but..... this one has come up with "magnetic interference" and i cant for the life of me make it go away.
I've tried it without the dropper on to see if it was that - but it looks like this could be something to do with taking the gimbal off? even though I've done it all before twice (one of the ones I had didn't come with a gimbal) and have never had any issues.
Basically, I'm not keen to pay for the solex app, so is there anyway to reset/recalibrate the drone without that? Very keen to get it up and running for whenever the nice weather turns up!

Cheers
Josh
You can calibrate your magnetometers and gyros using Mission Planner. No SOLEX required.

It will connect to the Sololink WiFi hotspot via UDP. In MP, Access 'SETUP', then 'Mandatory Setup'. Accel and Compass setup pages are right there.

Best Luck, J

You can calibrate your magnetometers and gyros using Mission Planner. No SOLEX required.

It will connect to the Sololink WiFi hotspot via UDP. In MP, Access 'SETUP', then 'Mandatory Setup'. Accel and Compass setup pages are right there.

Best Luck, J

Legend! That worked mint. Compass calibration and I was away.
However...
I now have a couple of new issues:
  • I couldn't calibrate the accel (just said function not available or something). Not sure if this matters, but now when I go to land, and hold down the land button, the motors just go mental and the drone flicks itself around all over the place until its right upside down and I grab it and take the battery out!! Never seen anything like this... Should I be flying on full manual mode at this point though? Although I think that will loose me my ability to see distance from home which is important when fishing.
  • And not a biggy, but the remote units are in feet (altitude and distance from home) is there any way I can change this easily to metric?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig