editing program

I use Corel Video Studio Pro 8. Have used Corel products for years. It handles the GP files direct from the SD card without decoding first and has some nice features. Corel Video Studio

Wow-- you mean Corel is still around?? :confused:

Just kidding as I've been a CorelDraw user since version 1. Still use the later versions today. Been tempted to go over to the dark side and get more into Illustrator, but for the most part Draw does what I need just fine.

I had not seen their video software. For the price it might be a good option to consider (although I'm a Premiere Pro user myself).

Wow-- you mean Corel is still around?? :confused:

Just kidding as I've been a CorelDraw user since version 1. Still use the later versions today. Been tempted to go over to the dark side and get more into Illustrator, but for the most part Draw does what I need just fine.

I had not seen their video software. For the price it might be a good option to consider (although I'm a Premiere Pro user myself).
Yep, they are still around. Always enjoyed CorelDraw. Now to really date myself; Had a sowftware and accessories store in Reno in the mid 80s. Guy used to come in all the time that was one of the programmers for PaintShop. At the time it was from Broderbund before they were purchased by Corel. Damn, feeling old now. Gonna go lay down.

That being said, Final Cut X simply lacks essential features that a lot of professionals require. Final Cut X isn't even at feature parity with Final Cut 7, and it's been 4 years! Adobe is faster at responding to Profesional editors feature requests and just seems to generally put more effort into development. Also premiere pro round trips seemlesly with After Effects. By far, serious editors prefer Premier Pro, and for good reason.

I'm not sure everyone would agree with you on this; I used to work as an editor for a company and our go to was FCP. Personal preference at that point I believe.

As a non-pro hobbyist, I use Cyberlink PowerDirector (it's at V14 now). It's relatively inexpensive and quite powerful. Put me in the camp of not liking GP studio as well.

Last edited:
I'm not sure everyone would agree with you on this; I used to work as an editor for a company and our go to was FCP. Personal preference at that point I believe.
Well my personal preference actually is Final Cut, but Adobe Premiere is definetly preferred by the majority of professional editors (excluding Avid). You can swing a dead cat on any corner in LA and hit a Premiere Pro editor. The same can't be said for Final Cut. Apple blew it. They pissed a lot of people off and lost massive market share with the move from 7 to FCP X. There is even a joke that Premiere Pro is Final Cut 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M