editing program

Reaction score
I need an easy to use editing program to use
I have proadrenilan. Paying is no problem i just want something good to get started. Running windows 10 i7 16 gig ram.

1. Windows movie maker.
- while not officially supported by Windows 10, people claim it works just fine. It's free, so there is no risk.

2. GoPro Studio.

I have not been able to use go pro studio with windows 10

Neither have I. I can start it in win7 compatibility mode but it's unstable.

Same here, I can start it, drop clips in the timeline, scrub through them, but when I go to convert, it just does nothing. Really frustrating.

Im surprised that gopro studio has issues working with windows 10. Not like they did not know 10 would be popular.

Reactions: erikgraham
I was able to get the GoPro Studio 2.5.7.549 working on my Windows 10 today. BUT still had issues with it crashing after converting. Didn't lose anything but it's not completely stable yet.

Ok. I have been struggling with go pro studio on Windows 10. I finally got it working well today. Uninstall QuickTime and download version 7.7.6. Then install the latest go pro studio. Works great for me.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks. I dont know if i want to learn to use studio or spend a little money and time on something better. But thanks for the post. Ill try your method just for grins.

Thanks. I dont know if i want to learn to use studio or spend a little money and time on something better. But thanks for the post. Ill try your method just for grins.
It shouldn't take too long for the various options to be updated for Windows 10. Adobe Premeire and After Effects are the best, but the user interface sucks. Hit film studio looks like your best option if your starting out fresh. I haven't used it, but it's got some cool features (like mocha tracking), 3D object and scene support, and lots of plugins. Plus it looks to have a vibrant community around it.

GoPro studio (the last time I checked) really limits your color correction options.

Only z-axis stated what program he actually uses. Some said they are trying to use GoPro studio.

So are you guys actually using something besides GoPro studio? I too would like to know what you guys are actually using.:)

If you don't use GoPro studio, how do you decode the GoPro files?
I've been using GoPro studio to remove the fisheye lens effect, then exporting to PowerDirector 13, but that doesn't seem to turn out a really good video. I like PowerDirector but it really can't handle the GoPro files if they aren't decoded 1st.

I've heard about the Apple PRO RES 422 codec but can't find out how to get it or use it with windows. It doesn't come with MPEG
Stream clip.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Only z-axis stated what program he actually uses. Some said they are trying to use GoPro studio.

So are you guys actually using something besides GoPro studio? I too would like to know what you guys are actually using.:)

If you don't use GoPro studio, how do you decode the GoPro files?
I've been using GoPro studio to remove the fisheye lens effect, then exporting to PowerDirector 13, but that doesn't seem to turn out a really good video. I like PowerDirector but it really can't handle the GoPro files if they aren't decoded 1st.

I've heard about the Apple PRO RES 422 codec but can't find out how to get it or use it with windows. It doesn't come with MPEG
Stream clip.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I use Corel Video Studio Pro 8. Have used Corel products for years. It handles the GP files direct from the SD card without decoding first and has some nice features. Corel Video Studio

1. Windows movie maker.
- while not officially supported by Windows 10, people claim it works just fine. It's free, so there is no risk.

2. GoPro Studio.
I use Final Cut Pro (which has a learning curve for sure) and I am so NOT a fan of the goPro studio.

Reactions: Maddog
I use Final Cut Pro (which has a learning curve for sure) and I am so NOT a fan of the goPro studio.
I mostly use Final Cut as well. But obviously that's not an option for a Windows 10 user looking for something simple.

Personally, I think Final Cut X is the easiest to use of all the Pro options. It has the most modern UI. Once you wrap your brain around libraries, events, and smart collections, it's great. Best asset manager of all the Pro options. I find Premiere Pro's UI to be dated and cumbersome. Haven't used Avid.

That being said, Final Cut X simply lacks essential features that a lot of professionals require. Final Cut X isn't even at feature parity with Final Cut 7, and it's been 4 years! Adobe is faster at responding to Profesional editors feature requests and just seems to generally put more effort into development. Also premiere pro round trips seemlesly with After Effects. By far, serious editors prefer Premier Pro, and for good reason.

But I can do what I need to do in Final Cut X, so I use it for the better interface and asset management.

Reactions: Maddog
I downloaded Hitfilm today (free) and it's way more than I need. I imported a 2 minute video into it and just editing was slow and choppy. I used a color correction effect and exported it. Took 25 minutes to render.
I really think I would need a faster computer to use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M