CONFIG_LENS_OEM = N

Reaction score
who advanced on this video? who has found how to remove the profile of the lens?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

old news we all know how to log into root
no one knows where the switch it
my guess is buried in a binary file

There are some people who know what they are doing who are looking into it. Its not just our small Solo community who wants this. There is quite a demand.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Peau has figured it out, it can be done. I just paid them their $50 and am happy.

Last edited:
Who has a familiar programmers? Should be given the job or ask politely solve this poser:)

Reactions: Solo Keith
It remains only to add a line to load the root, the main work is done already!

Just use a program to compare the two files, throw in a stock version and a post Peau version, wouldn't take that long. I'm willing to do it but I don't have time until Tuesday!

Reactions: SteveReno
Just use a program to compare the two files, throw in a stock version and a post Peau version, wouldn't take that long. I'm willing to do it but I don't have time until Tuesday!
We look forward to you!

that's not how it works. gopro firmware is unique for every camera. on the root of the sd card is a txt file that specifies the serial #, model, etc. this is baked into the firmware file. so firmware from camera a won't work on camera b. thats why you have to submit your serial # on gopro.com whenever you have to do a manual firmware install. peau is similar, a custom firmware for that specific camera is generated and installed.

Konrad Iturbe, who is the inventor of gopro hacks, is actively working on this problem.

Reactions: J R
I own 4 Silver. I have seen videos of tear downs on both cameras. The guts look the same. Software defined for features and of course marketing. My question, would it be possible to essentially "unlock" a 4 silver for black frame rates? Blah Blah heat and all at 4k ya its a possibility that it could smoke the silver. What im truly after is 1080p 120fps.

that's not how it works. gopro firmware is unique for every camera. on the root of the sd card is a txt file that specifies the serial #, model, etc. this is baked into the firmware file. so firmware from camera a won't work on camera b. thats why you have to submit your serial # on gopro.com whenever you have to do a manual firmware install. peau is similar, a custom firmware for that specific camera is generated and installed.

Konrad Iturbe, who is the inventor of gopro hacks, is actively working on this problem.

Not to burst your bubble but that is not entirely true. They all have the same baseline, backbone code that dictates behavior. I never said it would be easy, or simple for that matter.

When it comes down to it your are right in the sense that they are all unique, every time a setting is changed it creates a new profile itself instead of altering a perimeter file (the usual way)

What I am suggesting is opening the two firmware samples together and using a learning algorithm to distinguish the differences in the two. I have such a thing I created in my Uni days that will do just this. It will not be fast or pleasant but between the Algorithm and myself we will be able to map both the samples, then re-run them back in a Cause-and-Effect testing method to determine what happens and how the two samples achieve a task differently.

We have our different ways ;)

That is, unless Konrad is the one that Peau hired to create this mod, and, if so, probably has a NDA/NC. I was talking to Peau and that's what they said they did to come up with this...they hired a "gopro hacker" who created the profile mod for them. Konrad is the only one I've really seen who is up to something like that, so I immediately thought of him when they said that. This is of course, MY speculation...

As far as doing a file comparison against the 2 firmwares, I'm not sure that will yield much of anything. Peau claims their fix is firmware agnostic and won't change when upgrading firmware in the future, so that kind of tells me it's outside of the firmware. Or, at least, the firmware is looking at an external file/settings and there probably wouldn't be any difference between the 2. Speculation...

Reactions: J R
and honestly do we really need it to be?
I really do not expect new Hero 4 firmware released, do you guys?

Hacks are perfectly legal, as long as you're modifying your own equipment. Ask Apple who wanted Jailbreaking to be illegal and lost in court lol. It's your hardware/software - you bought it. You do void any warranty though by modifying the vendors hardware/software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado