107 ...who has signed up for test?

I'm studying for it, but haven't signed up yet. Won't be long...

Signed up, 29 August 0930, first slot in the Spokane area was told by the lady that signed me up...Studying!!

Signed up, 29 August 0930, first slot in the Spokane area was told by the lady that signed me up...Studying!!
I pre registered with Cats the day it went live. Took them 10 days to call me and schedule after taking my payment..by that time Sept 6th was the first available with any of the several test centers in or near Salt Lake City. At least I'll get to see the reaction / feedback from those early on the test schedule.

I took the online class at faasafety.gov and am now looking to take the test here locally. What specifically are you all using as study guides and study material? The sUAS portion of the online exam was fairly easy, the stuff from the pilot handbook was near impossible, especially the map portion.

I took the online class at faasafety.gov and am now looking to take the test here locally. What specifically are you all using as study guides and study material? The sUAS portion of the online exam was fairly easy, the stuff from the pilot handbook was near impossible, especially the map portion.

Better safe than sorry so I took an online sport pilot ground school as well as found a copy of the Private Pilot student handbook at my local library. I'm using Gliem online school and it's $99. Sporty's is also really good. They are many reputable online ground schools with decades of business under their belt and they do not cost much considering the knowledge you learn the purpose...well worth the money.

Reactions: Perry Lawrence
Reactions: Perry Lawrence
Been using "Drone Pilot Ground School"...not cheap...$249.00 with discount....seems to be pretty comprehensive though...

Where can i find the guide or the material to study? Any link or website?

Took the online test (I'm already a pilot.). Now I'm waiting for FAA Form 8710.13 to come out so I can have my CFI (flight instructor) sign me off.
I believe you also have to open a IACRA account through FAA.gov to apply for the UAV rating. The IACRA thing is new to me since I haven't applied for any additional ratings in quite a while.

Any CFI's care to weigh in?

Took the online test (I'm already a pilot.). Now I'm waiting for FAA Form 8710.13 to come out so I can have my CFI (flight instructor) sign me off.
I believe you also have to open a IACRA account through FAA.gov to apply for the UAV rating. The IACRA thing is new to me since I haven't applied for any additional ratings in quite a while.

Any CFI's care to weigh in?
I'm at the same point as you, waiting for the new 8710 to be released. Regarding a CFI, they will not be able to give you a temporary license as the other options can. Just a heads up in case you missed it.

As soon as I see a couple folks reactions I'll likely sign up right away. Studying now, but would like a bit of insight from folks taking it the first week to be on the safe side. I'm just glad it's finally been passed and we have the opportunity. Hope the waits not too long since I'm holding off for info, but honestly I don't think drones are quite as huge here as some parts of the country or world. I rarely see any beside minis flying and most are amazed when I take mine out, so shouldn't be too bad wait wise.

Good luck to those who are scheduled and please pass any useful info or advice down if you don't mind. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44