X Axis vibrations much higher with Green Cube

Reaction score
My Solo ( Baker 6 ) has been refitted with the Green Cube. I'm using the stock parameters that were provided through the Solex App. I've noticed a change in the axis vibrations on my aircraft. Y and Z are much smoother but X has probably doubled. I was curious if any body else has noticed this. Not sure if some roll parameters are over done a bit or if I have an issue I caused during reassembly. It flies well but is a little twitchy in gust of wind on the roll axis. See attached screenshot.
Screenshot (55).png

Maybe related, not sure as I have not drunk the GC coolaid yet. The hunk of sorbothane that was supplied with GC. Where and how thick of piece did you use? I've never seen a recommendation for thickness or point(s) of application.

I know the added weight of the GC could be affected by Solo's main board flexing. It was the same recommendation when Solo was released with stock cube. I can confirm sorbo, applied to stock bird, calms flight correctional moves. And more is not always better.

No sorbothane came with the Green Cube. Everything is identical on my Solo as it was before I installed the new Cube. I may be looking too deep into logs and be concerned about nothing.

Strange, everything I've seen shows a chunk of sorbo included...

I'm am guilty of over thinking things as well, hope you get it sorted out...if an issue.

its not sorbothane, its licorice and they eatin it, yum......lol.

Strange, everything I've seen shows a chunk of sorbo included...

I'm am guilty of over thinking things as well, hope you get it sorted out...if an issue.
What's strange is that the amplitude of the vibrations appears not to be as bad when I am rolling the aircraft compared to having it in a hover.

What's strange is that the amplitude of the vibrations appears not to be as bad when I am rolling the aircraft compared to having it in a hover.
Again the X axis would likely be influenced by the board flex, I would think Z would also see an increase.. But then the Z is likely better dampened within the GC by design. Possibly the change in the orientation, roll, you are mechanically changing the influence. Mass is a dampener. The GC is slightly heavier than PH2.0.

Just a suggestion, try to apply some material to the main board, under the battery tray. Sorbo is available and recommended, but you can easily source moon gel or similar locally to prove out as a short term solution. There are a few threads here that correctly describe the application, to stock or otherwise.

Again I'm no expert, so my suggestion is just an observation from what I've read and seen lately. Adding sorbo improved my flight dynamics to a stock bird, likely would help you on yours.

This will probably be the last I say about this till I fly again tomorrow. After reviewing my logs again and reading through the Arducopter Docs I think I am still way within the specs. May just be a case of the Y and Z vibrations being so low that it makes the X seem like something is wrong. Not sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig