Will solo drone fit?

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to fit the solo drone inside the 3DR backpack with the props attached?

Thanks!

Plus that's how you damage, bend, morph your props and cause issues. Just continue carrying them how you've been doing so

Any generic drone backpacks out there? Don't really want to pay 90 for a backpack

At the St Pete beach with mine this week in the 3dr backpack. I had bought a whole other drone combo just for the backpack. Well worth it !
I was able to hold my solo, 5 batteries, 3 sets of props, chargers, a Lg 7" tablet, GoPro and 3 GoPro batteries, my HP Ultrabook laptop. All very comfortably. I would highly suggest it.

Where do you guys put the props in the pack?

Where do you guys put the props in the pack?
There is a square section near the hinge.
If you take the foam out of the original box that held the props, you can trim it perfectly to fit in that space
it holds six props
I keep 6 well balanced props in there all the time
and keep backups in the zipper area on the cover

I bought this generic backpack and it has been great. Even took it to Germany with Solo and 3 batteries (with room for more). When I am hiking around, I can take my Solo, all 3 batteries, my GoPro case, chargers, Samsung Note 3 (could fit a tablet as well if needed), and also a DSLR camera with a lens on it. It has been great so far with no problems on airplanes are out hiking/fishing. Comfortable and has hip straps and lots of room.

View media item 634View media item 633View media item 632

What is the smallest you can put you solo and everything else into without taking it all apart? Probably going to buy the solo, but worried about portability issues.

I posted this in another thread, it is the only backpack I have seen so far that takes the solo with props on:

This company does a 3dr Solo version but it is not listed on there website you need to email them.

Microraptor Pro Cases

Hello Bryan and thank you for contacting us.

We do have a custom case and/or backpack designed for the 3DR Solo Drone.
These products are currently not listed on the site, however they are available as special order items as the lead time is approximately 2 weeks. The price for the custom hard case is $204.95 and the price for the custom backpack is $169.95.

Bundle deal available for case and backpack:

Hello Bryan,
This bundle is not available online, however we do have a Microraptor Bundle pack available for the 3DR Solo for $249.95 USD

If you would like to place an order, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and I can send over a PayPal invoice or give us a call at (619)660-2300.

Solo backpack by Bryan, on Flickr

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo