Wifi Card Upgrade Tutorial and Range Test - 1.36 miles or about 125% increase

Ive done this mod too, only the transmitter so far. stock I could go 1000 feet and get over -70dbi and rth, today I went 2400 feet still 3 bars and at -64 dbi no rth.
I'm going to change the one in the solo when my new gps arrives next week

Thanks again for the video. I swapped out the transmitter card only so far and went from just under a mile, to 1.2miles.

Once I get the time and motivation, I will dig into the solo itself and swap that one.

First of all thanks to the folks on this forum for the idea of swapping the stock card for the R11e.
Below you will find a step by step tutorial followed by a range test using the MikroTik r11e-2hnd in both the remote and Solo itself.
This is not as simple of a mod as the m8n mod so be prepared to do some major disassembly and reassembly.
Link to where I bought the cards is in the video description.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I found this thread very interesting. I am working on a bit of a twist to this with another type of radio that will get range out much farther and avoid drop outs because of interference. Some where I noticed a thread that talked about changing the parameters for the WiFi card's power, and such. I am unable to find that thread now, and would like to follow up on how to get to those parameters in the Solo code. Can anyone help me out with a link to this? The new Solo Developers Guide does not address changes at this level.

I found this thread very interesting. I am working on a bit of a twist to this with another type of radio that will get range out much farther and avoid drop outs because of interference. Some where I noticed a thread that talked about changing the parameters for the WiFi card's power, and such. I am unable to find that thread now, and would like to follow up on how to get to those parameters in the Solo code. Can anyone help me out with a link to this? The new Solo Developers Guide does not address changes at this level.
You'll find the post here:

WiFi Card upgrade testing

I have done the wifi mod but when I turn on the solo and controller the controller does not change from waiting for solo anything I can do

Try repairing the controller/solo. You changed wifi cards so their IDs have changed. Its basically like a new Solo out of the box.
See the maintenance section on 3DRs website: Solo Support | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology
I second what this man says. I should have went over re-pairing the device in my video. If that doesn't work try a factory reset followed by a firmware upgrade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo