WiFi Card upgrade testing

I tried to be diligent about the wire connections. It was a chore to remove the amount of glue that was on the connectors and thought that might be the problem. Sorry to be a bit thick on this stuff, but how would I use a voltage meter to check the connection?

put the voltage meter on the ohms setting.
this tests the resistance. meaning it will let you know if there is connective.

you will have to be able to get to the connector on the card.

place one lead of the meter(red or black) on the opposite side of the one of the connectors on the card. not on the side with the connectors have glue. you want to touch the opposite side of the card on the connect. you will see it.
solder points.

then place the other lead of the voltage on the other side of the card on the glue side...look for some bear wire or solder, copper exposure of the connector.

you should see some numbers on the voltage...if you see numbers, then the connection is solder or glue good on the card.

then do the same for the other connector.

then do the process for the other card.

Thanks for you help. That makes a lot of sense. Will give that a try and report back.

Ok so after two years what is the final consensus on upgrading the wifi cards? Was editing required to increase the card out puts?

thanks for the help, but I really suck at soldering! might try to find someone that can do the job for me, and thanks for the info about testing the U.fl Connectors, as I changed my wifi board with the MikroTik R11e-2Hnd, and I have had very bad range with solo after that, so I need to test if my connections to see if they are solid?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc