Wifi, and Internet connection

Reaction score
Today I attended a planning meeting, to discuss the use of UAS to monitor traffic during the upcoming eclipse in a mid-sized town expecting to to have a one day population far greater then normal. The county EMD told us that they expect cell service to be bogged down that day. What we are trying to accomplish at this point is to stream to facebook, so persons in the EOC can have a realtime-ish view of whats going on. One Idea that was brought up was, since cellular data will not be reliable, to get permission and stage pilots near business that are closed but would allow us to use their wireless internet for the purpose of streaming to FB. This seemed like a great idea. On my drive home I starting thing about it, and started to doubt if that would work? My knowledge is very limited in this area, thus I thought I wold reach out to this community for help. So is there a way that I could with my Ipad connect to my solo's WiFi, and also stream to FB via regular wireless internet? I hope I explained this well enough for everyone to understand what I am talking about. Thanks in advance!!

You could take the HDMI-out into a laptop and stream to FB. That seems less latency ridden and a bit more robust.

Do they need additional (pt 107 licensed) pilots?

just_bruce, where are you located? this is in north west MO. I could put you in touch with someone to talk to if you're interested. I hate to ask but could you explain how I would accomplish what you suggested?

I'm in Illinois. Will travel.

I'd get either a laptop with HDMI-in natively (Some AlienWare or other high-end gaming laptops) or via expresscard (Motu HD-Express) or USB 3.0 (Magewell HDMI capture). This assumes you need it transmitted in full HD.

If you connect a PC running Mission Planner to SoloLink you can pull the video out of the data stream with gstreamer. Only trick is you need to connect Mission Planner and get gstreamer running before connecting your tablet/phone. Only the first device connected will get the video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986