Who is the idiot that crashed the Solo at the US Open!

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They should charge whoever it was so it can be a wake up call for others....

Reactions: prowler9
twit, loss of 1k , in the video you see the cop looking though glasses to find him, good thing it was not a fpv with boosters lol mind you that would a costly loss lol

They will make an example out of him I bet and for good reason. IMAGINE the backlash if it had hit someone on the crash and hurt them....

yes the guy needs a few lessons i do think, bad press is not good at the moment and why was the static gimbal removed i wonder. and when if he saw it going down did he not just do a brake or a RTH, strange

Solo had been running under the radar in regards to stupid pilots doing stupid things. If this had been a Phantom then they would have known within seconds what it was but the black stealthy look had them wondering what hell is this thing.... well after today's evening news those that have have not heard of the 3DR Solo and what it looks like will sure as hell know about it now. Ughhhh:mad:

Reactions: Projeffrey11
I know you're not supposed to read the comments, but seriously?! These uninformed people are saying things like "what happens when the terrorists start strapping bombs to this $100 toy?"

I hope they start making examples out of these people to deter ignorant behavior like this.

he was arrested for reckless endangerment

This is exactly why State Legislators all over the country are very busy drafting new laws to shut us down. What a bummer. Soon all pilots will have to fly wearing a hoodie and dark glasses.

Reactions: Projeffrey11
This is exactly why State Legislators all over the country are very busy drafting new laws to shut us down. What a bummer. Soon all pilots will have to fly wearing a hoodie and dark glasses.

I'm not wearing the 3DR hoodie unless they remove that drone from the back :mad:

Reactions: Adimuzio513
What a ass hole flying the most unstable bird he could buy. In California UAVs are practically becoming completely legal every other day.

What a ass hole flying the most unstable bird he could buy. In California UAVs are practically becoming completely legal every other day.

Lmao! Funny, my Solo is the most stable and predictable bird I've ever flown. Even my DJI friends are constantly impressed with how smooth and steady it is.

Reactions: Raybro
I'm guessing you're one of the five people in the world that actually have a camera gimbal for the Solo? I'm still waiting on my gimbal and the reason I say unstable is because that's my personal experience with this bird.

Now that my software is fixed my bird has been pretty impressive. By the way its not a $100 dollar toy its a $1K toy!:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44