Who here is going to bail??

After having the P3 page opened and ready to order... I thought better of it... Found a SOLO at Best Buy and just opened the box this morning... *fingers crossed* Going to try a flight this afternoon... I'm SO cautiously optimistic...

Here's to hoping!!! *lifting a glass of Mountain dew!*

Tim

Tim post back and give us a full report.

I still may order P3 too. But glad I have Solo coming.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
For me the Solo has been very very nice to fly. I'm really very pleased with it. The only thing I think is crappy about it are the stock antennas on the controller. I've replaced them for good.

I really want the gimbal at this point. It'll be great when that's available.
What did you replace them with?

I did not think he crashed two? I think this is replacement for the first one.

No issues at all.

Update fine, instant video from GoPro, satellites in 30 seconds. I took off manually and auto landed. Then did auto take off and auto-landed.

Still sluggish. I did bump controls up in speed slightly but made little difference. I probably will run them full bore but don't know yet.

I was in my front yard. Was not higher than 20' and did not go more than 100' out. Wanted to get a feel for controls and how it acted.

My only big complaint is I don't have any yet :)

No issues at all.

Update fine, instant video from GoPro, satellites in 30 seconds. I took off manually and auto landed. Then did auto take off and auto-landed.

Still sluggish. I did bump controls up in speed slightly but made little difference. I probably will run them full bore but don't know yet.

I was in my front yard. Was not higher than 20' and did not go more than 100' out. Wanted to get a feel for controls and how it acted.

Nice! Makes me want to unbox mine again and buzz the property!

No issues at all.

Excellent!. I was reading somewhere (here or another board) of an owner that was flying in manual doing 50Mph. Said the angle on the Solo was crazy, almost sideways reaching that speed.

I've had mine set at very fast since day one. Top speed has been 35Mph for me, which is fine. I'm taking baby steps with manual flying for now.

Very happy to hear everything is starting off great considering the frustration you went through trying to get it. I was really hoping you wouldn't end up with a lemon after that.

Yea its all good so far but in all fairness I have not flown it enough to say much about it. Over all it feels good.

Had to shut off that OSD as I cant stand the overlay of the GoPro HDMI output on the Solo App. It does have purpose until we get the gimbal but I cant stand it :)

I do have an issue with the extra battery but will start a new thread.

No issues at all.

Fantastic.........Glad to hear your finally arrived!!!

What fun!!! Unboxed "Black Beauty" and it took about 15 minutes to load app, get everything updated and get her ready to fly.

I was shaking a bit… (wondering what stories I might have to pass along…) anxiously, I pressed "fly" and like the purr of a fine tuned sports car… she hummed beautifully!!!

11 sats and a small degree of confidence… I closed my eyes… and pressed "fly"!!
...the engine roared… birds flew… the clouds parted and the sun came out! (not really… LOL but it WAS pretty exciting!)

I LOVE the control! Everything is set to factory specs right now… good control in 8-10 mph breeze. I tested Cablecam and it makes SOLO worth the wait! Add a gimbal and "shot framing" to the presets and we'll ALL be making beautiful sweeps in no time!!!

Orbit is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen!!!

I LOVE control of the GoPro from the ground so you can record specific shots and control settings.

Battery lasted about 15 minutes and got to 30% so I headed home to re-charge, grab a bite and get back out in a bit.

Only scare was after doing a little Cablecam… I hit the "Return Home" and it seemed to go straight up!! Hit again… and higher!!! OOoops… A quick press of the "Pause" and I gently brought her back down. She never got more than about 150' away… but I'll try that again tonight.

Overall… worth the wait… wish they had the "Flight Simulator" that we played with at NAB. That would help build confidence. The Gimbal better be here in early July! Worth the wait! This will be the tool we all hoped for! Off to buy a couple more batteries… and a case!!

#she aint crashed yet

Yea its all good so far but in all fairness I have not flown it enough to say much about it. Over all it feels good.

Had to shut off that OSD as I cant stand the overlay of the GoPro HDMI output on the Solo App. It does have purpose until we get the gimbal but I cant stand it :)

I do have an issue with the extra battery but will start a new thread.
Speaking of extra batteries. DSLRPros shipped the Solo but said the free battery would probably ship with the gimbal. The word PROBABLY bothers me.

Speaking of extra batteries. DSLRPros shipped the Solo but said the free battery would probably ship with the gimbal. The word PROBABLY bothers me.

I have 5 batteries. I'm snatching up at least one more until they make a higher capacity battery which I know they will once the release frenzy is over. I got my free batt from BB at the time of purchase, checked online and bought another battery from a BB that was in my area and when I showed up, I went to check out the Solo display and noticed they had another battery besides the one I purchased online for in store pickup so I grabbed that too and I just got a great deal on 5th batt. I'm good for at least 1 1/2 hours of flying right now. I know when the gimbal arrives it will drain the batts a little quicker.

Reactions: Raybro
I'm holding them to their word. This was a 3DR incentive across all dealers. I just expected them to ship it with the Solo.

This leads me to believe otherwise.

So, we wanted to come up with a token of apology for the few weeks you’ll have to fly Solo around with the standard vibration-isolated GoPro The Frame mount, while you imagine how that beautiful HD video would look if it were perfectly stabilized in all three axes. Here’s what we’re offering: Anyone who purchases Solo in the months of May or June will receive a free Solo flight battery ($149 USD). At least you’ll have some extra flight time to practice those Cable cam shots, and of course enjoy the HD video streaming from the GoPro for some fun FPV flying while you wait for your gimbal.

Reactions: Raybro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela