Who has NOT crashed Solo despite using it many times?

People went to car races, many went to see car crashes. Same for drone race, crashes are just part of the program.

If you are afraid of the crash, I can guarantee you will have a crash. Over thinking will let you to a crash. Same for over confident. If you don't want crash, don't fly.

That said, there are ways to migrate the risk of crash, like good preflight checking, don't take unnecessary risk, like avoid windy weather or only fl y in wide open area.

Reactions: Solo Keith
I have about 40 flights on my 3 solos. Only one crash which was totally my fault. I loaded a way point mission into Solo with Mission Planner.. I then manually took off into a 5' hover. When I went into auto mode the copter took off like a homesick angel. Only problem is there was a bus parked between my hover location and way point 1! Lesson learned - climb above all obstacles before engaging auto mode! Broke two props, but no other damage. Flies like a champ!
I will say I have years of experience in RC as well as lots of multirotor time.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Who here has flown their Solo many times and had zero crashes? Are you just lucky or careful?

I'm new to drones and of course the Solo. If I am careful can I just about guarantee no crashes? How careful is THAT careful though. How much are you confident in doing without being risky?

At least 75 flights to date, I've never crashed, Learn to spot dodgy behavior, land and just have the patience to power-cycle everything. I had a spat of a bad Gimbal, but our Solo has always flown perfectly. I've become confident enough to start working in tight spaces, and I trust the Solo's stability in good weather to maneuver in some pretty tricky spots where a screw up would cost me dearly.

It's a pity what's happened to the company, but you reap what you sew.

117 Flights since August 2015 on same original Solo. No crashes yet, knock on wood. Original props. Original 6 Batteries although battery 1 has low flight times. No GPS issues. Have but not installed 3DR GPS shield. Flown with stock, Alphas, and FPVLR antennas. FPVLR is my go to antenna in WiFi congested areas otherwise I use stock antennas for close work.

Solo is my sixth 3DR drone. Started out with RC gliders, cars and planes.

I have to say my experience flying RC planes have kept me keen on flying multi-rotors. When flying planes the craft is often flying towards you and the controls are reversed. This helps tremendously flying Solo. Always learn to fly in manual. Always!

Fly Safe
Roy
AMA Member

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo