whishlist for OpenSolo

Hi everyone! Im new here and new to solo ( 1st one should be here in 12hrs or so ) however i have built a handful of UAVs and have a bit of experience. As i was reading this i came up to this here labeled " C "...

""""""
(C) Would be cool but I don't think we have the I/Os to do it. The IMX doesn't have any I/O to drive relays. The Pixhawk does but (Aux servo and relay outputs) but they are not broken out. They're on the 80 pin connectors under the carrier board, which requires extremely fine precision soldering under a magnifier to tie into. This could actually be a project for someone with spare parts. If someone with that skill set could take spare carrier boards and make those connections, that would be amazing. There are probably other things on there to break out that would be useful too. Good idea!
"""""
So i had a thought, and please correct me if im wrong but instead of breaking out a microscope and the soldering iron, could we just have a small I/O board made up that had a male 80 pin connector on one side and a female on the other with all the open I/O pins made to be more easily accessible? More simply, we would have to pull the pix2 from the mainboard and sandwich a small circuit board with 80pin connectors on both sides so the mainboard would still be connected but now we would have a circuit board that has all the pinouts we need to apply any hardware we want, without threatening the solo mainboard? Im sure it could be made rather cheap, especially if it was a group buy.

1) Synchronize Camera time with GPS time through Gimbal
2) Direct-write of Geotag to image EXIF through Gimbal

About it at this point. I hope to find more ideas as I fly for fun more instead of survey/mapping.

1) Have Artoo (controller) be able to operate completely independent of a companion phone/tablet with app. To this end, Artoo needs to allow for: Calibrating compass and level, setting Flight Mode Button assignments, and setting rates, height ceilings, etc.

2) Have Artoo (controller) optionally display the Sololink video feed either fullscreen modal (above/instead of anything else) or as an "underlay" layer below the telemetry/control readouts on Artoo. Again, this is supplemental to the above desire (operation independent of a companion phone/tablet with app).

1) Have Artoo (controller) be able to operate completely independent of a companion phone/tablet with app. To this end, Artoo needs to allow for: Calibrating compass and level, setting Flight Mode Button assignments, and setting rates, height ceilings, etc.
FYI you can already do the compass with a stick gesture. Both sticks up and in will put it in compass calibration mode.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
FYI you can already do the compass with a stick gesture. Both sticks up and in will put it in compass calibration mode.
That's excellent to know. Can we kick off level calibration the same way? Are "stick gestures" like that something that can be modified with OpenSolo, or are they/should they be reserved?

That stick gesture is an existing and often unknown ArduCopter function. The dev wants to add more in the future. But it will probably be part of a new non flight mode. No timeline or specific plans.

Now, most of these things can be triggered by mavlink commands. And the solo can send any mavlink command. So it is certainly possible to add the ability tondo It with a button or custom stick gesture.

The ability to use a Pix2.1 and companion computer to mimic a Solo, thereby having the ability to have all of the Solo goodness on a custom frame. :)

Does the flight computer have to be an IMX?

The ability to use a Pix2.1 and companion computer to mimic a Solo, thereby having the ability to have all of the Solo goodness on a custom frame. :)

Does the flight computer have to be an IMX?
You can already do that. Several people already have actually. You can use a conventional pix 2.1 in a conventional carrier. And just hook the Solo IMX up to serial 1.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
You can already do that. Several people already have actually. You can use a conventional pix 2.1 in a conventional carrier. And just hook the Solo IMX up to serial 1.
Well..... what rock have I been hiding under?? lol.....

But can it be done with a different computer, not an IMX?

regulatory domain patched on the wifi drivers and using wifi channel 13 would be also nice to play with

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44