Where is this all GOING??

These guys can accept reality.

3DR Integrates With DJI Drones, Launches Enterprise Drone Platform

By: 3DR
August 1, 2017

Today is a historic day for 3DR. We couldn’t be more thrilled to share not one, but two important milestones for Site Scan, which will transform how our customers use drones in their day-to-day work.

First things first: we’re integrating our Site Scan software platform with DJI to make it compatible with their drones. This integration marks a significant expansion of the Site Scan platform, giving you another option for your workflow: now you’re free to use whatever drone that’s best for you and your team.

With this integration, now our customers can get the best of both worlds: DJI’s drones, and 3DR’s software for managing and analyzing the data that these drones collect.

For Site Scan customers, flying a DJI drone has the exact same workflow: you can use our mobile app, Site Scan Field. DJI drones will work seamlessly with Site Scan, including its autonomous flight modes, multi-engine cloud processing, and suite of tools designed for construction, such as: performing topographic surveys, calculating cut and fill volumes, measuring stockpiles, exporting native Autodesk file formats, and much more.

“This integration is a significant milestone for the AEC industry,” said Michael Perry, Director of Strategic Partnerships at DJI. “We’re excited that 3DR Site Scan users can now use DJI drones to convert images into actionable data that helps project stakeholders save time and manage costs.”

Introducing Enterprise Atlas

Integrating with DJI isn’t the only news we have to share today: we’re also excited to officially launch our Enterprise Atlas platform, a complete drone data solution designed specifically for large and fast-growing companies. With Enterprise Atlas, construction and engineering firms have everything they need to successfully deploy and scale drone operations—whether they’re in the field or back at the office analyzing and managing their drone data. Enterprise Atlas includes:

Role & project-based access: Multiple access licenses ensure that the right people have the appropriate data and privileges, from management to owners, subcontractors to employees. With shareable links, remote collaboration and status updates are just a click away.

Unlimited, secure storage: Images, data, and flight history are stored in a secured 3DR cloud.

Enterprise-ready support: Comprehensive onboarding and implementation designed for organizations of any size, and customized for unique business requirements. Technical phone support is available 12h per day, and replacement and loaner vehicles ensure team members can fly whenever they need to.

Enterprise Atlas is a perfect complement to our integration with DJI: now, different teams within an organization can use whatever drone they’re comfortable with, and the data is still accessible in Site Scan across teams and offices.

Ultimately, the 3DR team’s vision is to have a drone making an impact on every jobsite, helping our customers save time, money, reduce risk, and improve safety. Today’s announcements—both DJI and Enterprise Atlas—are an important step towards making this possible. We’re excited for this next chapter for 3DR, and to help make drones more accessible and powerful than ever before.

Want to learn more about our DJI integration and Enterprise Atlas? Contact us to schedule a discovery call and get a free Site Scan demo. https://3dr.com/blog/3dr-dji-enterprise-atlas/

You better believe it, and now watch as DJI takes a nice sizable bite out of that failed consumer drone manufacture escape market, ie the industrial drone market. Now there is no place to run, no place to hide from DJI. You can now tell when one of these also rans are going under. They immediately jump to the industrial market or what I like to call "The 3DR hop." Take a gender at what Yuneec is doing now. gopro thought that it would be clear sailing into the portable foldable camera drone market. Not so fast hyper boy. DJI sent in a Mavic to gun that dream down. Then, Yuneec and other nameless upstarts thought that they could take refuge in new and rich halls of selfie house. DJI Sparked one up and burned it down. DJI is like a mad berserker, leaving nothing but dead and wounded so called competitors in their wake.

Last edited:
we can do that, but your statement that ALL pilots WILL own DJI well that required a challenge

You better believe it, and now watch as DJI takes a nice sizable bite out of that failed consumer drone manufacture escape market, ie the industrial drone market. Now there is no place to run, no place to hide from DJI. You can now tell when one of these also rans are going under. They immediately jump to the industrial market are what I like to call "The 3DR hop." Take a gender at what Yuneec is doing now. gopro thought that it would be clear sailing into the portable foldable camera drone market. Not so fast hyper boy. DJI sent in a Mavic to gun that dream down. Then, Yuneec and other nameless upstarts thought that they could take refuge in new and rich halls of selfie house. DJI Sparked one up and burned it down. DJI is like a mad berserker, leaving nothing but dead and wounded so called competitors in their wake.
the masses don't always follow the best path, and you sort of just made my point about not supporting DJI with purchases. Choices are better for the industry. With DJI using its might to kill all competition is not healthy, Ask the appliance manufacturers what GE did to that segment.
So yes you can follow the masses and help DJI kill the industry, or support competition and keep them honest

With this integration, now our customers can get the best of both worlds: DJI’s drones, best of both worlds: DJI’s drones, best of both worlds: DJI’s drones, best of both worlds: DJI’s drones, and 3DR’s software.

Reactions: mowind
I don't know why you seem surprised that folks on a 3DRpilots forum are huge fans of 3DR's flagship product, or that they have reasons (real and imagined) to dislike DJI products.

We get it. You had bad experiences. You like your Mavic. We get it. I personally would like it if every other post from you wasn't "Solo sucks".

Actually I don't think that the Solo "sucks". I do think that it has a niche somewhere between a DIY and a consumer drone. I just had a conversation with a guy about FLIR and the Solo. You can't mount a FLIR to the Mavic with a gimbal at all. In fact, you can't mount any other camera without some goofy mods. You can mount any camera you want to the Solo with a $5 1/4-20 to Go Pro adapter. Then there's the accessory bay...

Where I tend to get argumentative is when you guys start with this, "the Solo is better than any other drone in the world" stuff. Especially, when you do it to some new pilot on here. Like I said before, I was done after my 3rd Solo and even had the Mavic on pre order. I let you guys talk me out of it and ended up going through 3 more Solos before, still believing that DJI was garbage, I bought a Karma-which is worse than the Solo because you can't fix the problems it has at all. At least it's possible to make improvements to the Solo.

I'm not going to sit back and watch someone else get brow beaten into not changing platforms. EVERY time I had any problem with my Solo, you all would invariably blame me. Every time anyone posts that they crashed, here come the barely veiled demands for their logs so you can prove it was their fault. One of you guys just literally said that people leave to buy DJI and come back to Solo. I'd like to know exactly who has purchased a P4P Pro or Mavic, didn't like it and sold it to buy another Solo? Yea I'm sure there's THOUSANDS of examples of that very situation.

All I know is that on over 50 flights with the Mavic, I've had zero lost GPS, zero lost signal, zero failed start ups-no matter which component I turn on first, one crash-totally my fault and DJI still helped me out, zero other problems of any kind. I can only go by my experience and relate that to anyone that asks. Which is what this thread is about, isn't it?

Reactions: SkyDoctor
No, the rest of us don't see reality differently. We're just not rambling obsessive craziness on and on about it because we're too busy enjoying our hobby.

Reactions: JBAlaska
No, the rest of us don't see reality differently. We're just not rambling obsessive craziness on and on about it because we're too busy enjoying our hobby.
"rambling obsessive craziness." I didn't write the following. "With this integration, now our customers can get the best of both worlds: DJI’s drones, and 3DR’s software." The makers or should I say former makers of your favorite quad did. Stop blaming the messenger.

You better believe it, and now watch as DJI takes a nice sizable bite out of that failed consumer drone manufacture escape market, ie the industrial drone market. Now there is no place to run, no place to hide from DJI. You can now tell when one of these also rans are going under. They immediately jump to the industrial market or what I like to call "The 3DR hop." Take a gender at what Yuneec is doing now. gopro thought that it would be clear sailing into the portable foldable camera drone market. Not so fast hyper boy. DJI sent in a Mavic to gun that dream down. Then, Yuneec and other nameless upstarts thought that they could take refuge in new and rich halls of selfie house. DJI Sparked one up and burned it down. DJI is like a mad berserker, leaving nothing but dead and wounded so called competitors in their wake.

Hahaha! When did you write this and how did I miss it? Funny.

You better believe it, and now watch as DJI takes a nice sizable bite out of that failed consumer drone manufacture escape market, ie the industrial drone market. Now there is no place to run, no place to hide from DJI.

When DJI's mandatory update roles out next year, we will all be laughing with you...

When DJI's mandatory update roles out next year, we will all be laughing with you...

They've had a mandatory update recently and it wasn't that big a deal. Don't you guys want pilots to follow the rules? Don't you want everyone too fly safe? No one asked you if you wanted air bags in your car, did they?

Yep, I want to follow the rules ...not sure what you're saying?

"I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand, I don't like people telling me what to do- like the 400 foot "rule" or line of sight. I've had several discussions with people on this very forum about my flying over 400 feet. On the other, aren't they just enforcing the regulations that you all love so much anyway?"

I generally think people should abide by the unwritten contracts they make when they carry out any activity where their actions or lack of adherence to rules and shared agreements could harm others.

Yep, I want to follow the rules ...not sure what you're saying?

"I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand, I don't like people telling me what to do- like the 400 foot "rule" or line of sight. I've had several discussions with people on this very forum about my flying over 400 feet. On the other, aren't they just enforcing the regulations that you all love so much anyway?"

Sigh, don't you guys read the quoted post? Because I was quoting another guy's post, I was saying something in regards to his statement and understanding, not necessarily yours. He was talking about DJI's mandatory updates that usually concern NFZs and flight restrictions. I was saying how I don't understand how people that constantly talk about "safe flying" could be upset when a company mandates that their drones follow the rules. Savvy?

I wish the government would restrict my car to 75MPH too. ;-)

Actually, if they were really interested in our safety, auto manufacturers would regulate speed based on location. They could use GPS technology to do it. My car already warns me when I'm speeding on a particular road. It's but a very small step to regulation. Honestly, why not have your car only go 45 mph if you're on a 45 mph road? It makes perfect sense from a safety and environmental standpoint.

I generally think people should abide by the unwritten contracts they make when they carry out any activity where their actions or lack of adherence to rules and shared agreements could harm others.

That's the grey zone, who's to say where dangerous or not? Because of my experience, equipment and training, I could ride down the freeway at 150 mph on my motorcycle with an almost certainty of not harming other people. Meanwhile, my granny can't be trusted at 25 mph on a country road.

Then there's the lack of "rules" when it comes to drones. There are "guidelines" in the US but not laws. I'm sure they are coming though. I'm not sure how they'll enforce them but they'll get written, I'm sure.

well it looks like the DJI crazies are out again,
time to start blocking, thought that was over

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea