What's going on with the backpack and gimbal at BB?

Yesterday I returned my Solo cause the gimbal delay, I was in the 15 days return period of best buy, it's a shame really because I was so happy with my Solo, any problem at all, but in my case any video its usable without gimbal. It seems I'll have to look for options.

I wouldn't have returned it....Jeesh!!! It's still a great drone... So what you gotta wait a bit for the gimble.. That's gonna make it even a better drone. I just got back from the Bahamas with my solo and I have awesome footage...chasing cattamerans into the sunset and overheads of private islands and Atlantis.... A little finesse made for great footage.

I promise best buy could care less about preorders that they got bumped in front of. Still hope these are correct answers but still have some doubt and with no word from 3dr or best buy speculations and guesses are going to happen, they don't want that it's simple, type a 5 word sentence and we'd be happy or not and long as it's not really bad news they'd have fewer returns. Say what you want I'm not complaining but one delay was June 13th for me the first delay was launch this is at very least 2 no matter how it's spun. I'm just curious, were supposed to have an update about gimbals at end of last week beginning of this so wel see sooner or later.

Pages down could be due from the fact that the Gimbal has changed some since 1st introduced and photographed. Even the specs may have changed a little (size, weight, etc) that call for a new page. And now they me actually getting ready for orders and inventory.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Pages down could be due from the fact that the Gimbal has changed some since 1st introduced and photographed. Even the specs may have changed a little (size, weight, etc) that call for a new page. And now they me actually getting ready for orders and inventory.
This actually makes sense. The gimbal, as we all know, has changed slightly for better balance which 3DR stated in the last update. Even the backpack changed with a slightly different foam insert and different rubber non skid feet on exterior since the first photos and descriptions.

I live in Canada..the Best Buy web site says the the BackPack will be release on the 15th of Aug...and the Gimbal on the 7th of Sep..!! I don't know how credible the Best Buy site is .. But it's worth noting !

My Solo came in late Friday.. So I knew I had to wait till the next day to fly it ! So I spent all Friday evening loading firmware and doing a lot of reading..! Loading firmware when smooth .! Then spent the next couple of days flying and taking video footage..!! I was impress how it handled..Iv never flown a drone before !! I went through 6 batteries.. And every flight was great..I hade a couple of flights that I went to far with the drone..but as soon as I lost Signal the solo came back ..!!I was taking video with the gopro hero 4 silver.. The footage looked pretty amazing...specially when the sun is out..!! But you can see the jell-O in the shaking in the footage.. So I can just imagine the improvement the Gimbal will make!
I love the solo..it will be even a much better world when the gimbal comes in..!! Have patient people ..it will come :)

Well, they have updated the accessories page now. The backpack and Gimbal are listed again. But the individual pages are still not up YET...

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I actually talked to 3dr support today ( August 10,2015 ) and they said they should be shiping solo gimbals by the end of this month hopefully. :) I asked about some of the other accessories ( video proximity sensor specifically ) that were mentioned at the original announcement and they said none were forthcoming. perhaps late fall or by years end. I would really like to buy something soon but am obviously looking at all the options now. I have been a staunch 3dr supporter and still wish them the very best, but simply cannot afford to adopt their problems as my own right now.

Good god there went the summer I am glad that I wasn't correct about best buy though. But I'm also growing less #blind3drfan and more kinda ticked off so basically now I'll begin getting good stabile summer videos a year and a half after release, cause half the time it's cold and snowing here before Halloween. I'd of no doubt went with a q5004k,Iris plus or even a I hate to say it but a dji inspire, man that's hard to say. Just to use them this summer than got a solo when they get their ducks in a row. I still love solo and beside being disappointed a bit 3dr but I'm not quite as blindly faithful as I was. I'm not holding my breath we see this thing on this next date either hope I can get stable Halloween or Christmas footage with some luck.

Hard not to be critical after 3 grand all in with upgrades to my pc and tablet prolly more, just for solo with 4k and now no useable video of summer. Sorry folks rant over.

According to 3dr' twitter account, gimbals should be shipping like in 5 days... BUT nowadays it seems they don't care about doing «official» announcements anymore.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2015-08-10 a las 19.29.24.png
    Captura de pantalla 2015-08-10 a las 19.29.24.png
    213.3 KB · Views: 24
Wonder how many they plan to have initially I'd hope they push a decent amount out off the bat but know that's hard to do if it's just being finished now.

I actually talked to 3dr support today ( August 10,2015 ) and they said they should be shiping solo gimbals by the end of this month hopefully. :) I asked about some of the other accessories ( video proximity sensor specifically ) that were mentioned at the original announcement and they said none were forthcoming. perhaps late fall or by years end. I would really like to buy something soon but am obviously looking at all the options now. I have been a staunch 3dr supporter and still wish them the very best, but simply cannot afford to adopt their problems as my own right now.
According to 3dr' twitter account, gimbals should be shipping like in 5 days... BUT nowadays it seems they don't care about doing «official» announcements anymore.

Here's the biggest problem with this entire ordeal is here's two people from 3dr that are giving two totally different dates on the same day. So which to hope for guess if they really put out another news post tomorrow like they said last week wel get an idea of what a third person thinks the date may be if it's one of the above at least it's 2 to 1 odds to be right.

Wonder how many they plan to have initially I'd hope they push a decent amount out off the bat but know that's hard to do if it's just being finished now.
If they're smart about it, they'll ship out as many gimbals as Solos that they've sold. It can't be too many considering the Solo is in stock pretty much at every major retailer.

Twitter account re-confirmed about the date, but with that «fuzzyness» now characteristic of 3dr.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2015-08-11 a las 12.07.33.png
    Captura de pantalla 2015-08-11 a las 12.07.33.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 19
LOL, sorry guys, just read this thread for the first time, and the initial panic and doom was pretty funny. BB does this. They did it with the Solo too. You may see the gimbal disappear again right before the next status change.

That said, my Solo is shelved in its brand new backpack until the gimbal arrives. I leave Sunday for a road trip down the coast from Seattle to northern CA. My P3P arrives tomorrow.

I live in Tacoma Wa & after driving to 3 local BB outlets The frustration is also notice\able on their salesman faces . I can't really imagine that BB would back out of a contract,as its been such a hot selling item. A BB salesman said that 57 Solo units were sold from there warehouse. I also found the empty spot for Solo accessories at all 3 BB kinda depressing. Having been purchased a gimbal on BO, Motor pod & merch from the 3DR website , trying to be patient is growing more difficult. I wonder who actually receives Items first, Retailers or Consumers/Website sales?

I've replied to some other posts here. The BestBuy issues were systematic, and not related to inventory nor human actions. Once they "disappeared" they were quickly brought back to the site, however they are still marked as "coming soon".

About a month ago they flipped online to "add to cart" at one point for a few hours, this was also systematic and inadvertent. That is when they manually set them to "coming soon" which is where they remain today.

Unfortunately there is still no stock for gimbals or backpacks. I do work at BestBuy HQ and while I do not have any information to share on when they might be arriving, I will do my best to make sure they can be purchased online once there is indeed some inventory

The Solo inventory is pretty fluid (getting some in quite often, selling out often, rinse repeat) so if you are having trouble getting one just keep checking once or twice per day on bestbuy.com

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
I live in Tacoma Wa & after driving to 3 local BB outlets The frustration is also notice\able on their salesman faces . I can't really imagine that BB would back out of a contract,as its been such a hot selling item. A BB salesman said that 57 Solo units were sold from there warehouse. I also found the empty spot for Solo accessories at all 3 BB kinda depressing. Having been purchased a gimbal on BO, Motor pod & merch from the 3DR website , trying to be patient is growing more difficult. I wonder who actually receives Items first, Retailers or Consumers/Website sales?
I picked up one of two Solos that the BB in Federal Way had a month or 6 weeks ago? Also got spare props and the free battery at the same time. A week ago when I picked up the one and only Solo backpack at the Fry's in Renton, they had one Solo on the shelf.
Good luck!

This thread is a perfect example of FUD flowing from ridiculous suppositions based on half baked theories and assumptions. Basically there is a neurotic group of impatient users here who've convinced themselves that 3DR has botched the launch and delayed the gimbal numerous times. Now they are speculating that Best Buy has canceled the contract. Absurd. The reality is that there has only been one delay of the gimbal, and it's just a couple weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986