Once GPS lock controller freezes

Reaction score
long back story short... received a solo as a gift a couple of years ago and it has say packed in the backpack until 1 week ago. Now in the midst of a layoff pulled it out to explore the world through the drone.
To this point have not been able to fly at all and can’t even get motors spinning.

I have...

1. Updated to OpenSolo 4.0 on both the controller and the copter
2. Factory reset several times with fresh install
3. Checked the internal plugs and all seated.
4. Have the newer (b) gps card but despite this put a sliver of cardboard under the copper shield
5. Restarted at least 1 million times (perhaps not quite that many)
6. Downloaded and using SidePilot on iPhone (and tried on iPad)

despite all this here is the issue:

Starting up the controller loads up and searches for the copter. The copter starts up and pairs with the controller. At this point I have red/green front lights and white (light yellow) rear lights. Goes into GPS search mode. I can see on the controller (and app) it collecting GPS signals (gps icon on controller is red). Once it finds enough satellites I can hear an Audible tone from the copter, the gps icon on the controller turns white but the rear led lights on the copter turn from yellow/white to light blue. The controller still sits on the “searching for gps screen.” I have let it sit in this stage for over an hour and won’t change. If I reset then controller however, it will pair and jump past the “searching for gps” screen quickly (gap icon white showing has gps lock) And move to the “Press FLY to start motors.” However nothing happens. No vibration on the controller no green bar across the screen motors never start.
Any insight? I have searched the board and tried several different things that I thought might help but can’t seem to find an issue quite like this. I appreciate any insight.

Something is either overloading the i.MX6 or interrupting the communication with the Atmel which controls the screen. My money is on the i.MX6, I'd try another controller if you can get one. If not, carefully open the back and make sure antennas and WiFi cards are well seated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl