What is green cube?

Reaction score
I'm new to solo I've been flying a few months now and I have a question what is green cube? I've heard people say it makes the drone safer? My drone is completely stock except for a new wrap and I was looking to add some better features to help when I may need it. Also I have a gimbal issue it worked great with my Samsung s6 and one day it just stopped working then I tried my Samsung s7 the picture works great I run a vpn on my s6 but I always turn it of before even turning in the solo app any ideas?

The Green Cube is a new replacement pixhawk for Solo- have you installed “ open solo “ yet?
If you are enjoying your Solo and want to upgrade- go to Jester’s Drones website- Paul has the green cube and the HERE. Two improvements that will cost some bucks but takes your Solo from Yugo to Corvette. Search Green Cube on forum- the experts can explain all the advantages- same with HERE.
It has made my Solo much more responsive, rock steady, faster GPS lock with more satellites and a RTH that blows my mind @ how accurate Solo lands in comparison to take off! crazy !

There you go abetterman3dr! Pyrate has it simplified where all the info is in one link! There are several people within this forum making Solo better than ever before; ask questions- these guys know the answers. By investing a few bucks, you will see a drastic improvement in your Solo’s performance.

Reactions: CS223
Thanks guys for your quick reply I'll check it out for sure. Just not sure how easy it will be to install but I'm sure there's a YouTube video.

Reactions: Jhny1968
I'm new to solo I've been flying a few months now and I have a question what is green cube? I've heard people say it makes the drone safer? My drone is completely stock except for a new wrap and I was looking to add some better features to help when I may need it. Also I have a gimbal issue it worked great with my Samsung s6 and one day it just stopped working then I tried my Samsung s7 the picture works great I run a vpn on my s6 but I always turn it of before even turning in the solo app any ideas?
Very subject to out side interference. Blue tooth, alexa, wifi, metal - I have one of the no mods too and it can be stubbard at times. Havnt figured out best order of turn ons yet. Lot of different opinions on that. GPS is slow but give it time. When everything is right it will make you proud. I use an old LG Tablet.
Bill

The Green Cube is a new replacement pixhawk for Solo- have you installed “ open solo “ yet?
If you are enjoying your Solo and want to upgrade- go to Jester’s Drones website- Paul has the green cube and the HERE. Two improvements that will cost some bucks but takes your Solo from Yugo to Corvette. Search Green Cube on forum- the experts can explain all the advantages- same with HERE.
It has made my Solo much more responsive, rock steady, faster GPS lock with more satellites and a RTH that blows my mind @ how accurate Solo lands in comparison to take off! crazy !
So if I want to install Green Cube in my sock Solo is this the item I need to order from Jester?

Complete Kit, No Green Cube -$168.00 Pre-Order​

Get in contact with Paul - owner/ operator of Jester’s Drones- he will let you know what you’ll need to make your Solo a BEAST!

True! I did the same; both HERE & Green Cube - Solo is more responsive and it locks on more satellites in a flash!

Reactions: pyrate
I think he has an ultimate kit with long range night raptor radios for about 500 bucks
My eyes are bad, I cant see solo at 2000 feet which is where I start to lose signal

Yup. it takes the gps away from some of the internal components and therefore has less interference. The HERE and Green Cube are huge improvements for Solo. It locks in more satellites so Solo knows exactly where it is- when I hit the home button- I laugh at how exact it lands in comparison to “ take off point.” It is absolutely amazing! The handful of guys who have developed these upgrades are geniuses!

Go to youtube - search Jester’s Drones- one video will be installing the HERE- it’s plug and play!
Try to take your Solo out before you upgrade so you can remember how your “ old “ Solo performed.... because you will laugh at the difference! AWESOME.

Yes I have that and the green cube both installed
I got it all separate, package pricing was not available when I got mine. My cube was one of the first when the entire cube was actually green. And the Mast and I got from Ian, and the Here I got from 360 and the cable I got from Jesters
Now Paul makes it easy with those kits

the one thing I will tell you is read Matts instructions only
watch his video and do the steps with him. It will keep you from jumping the gun
Almost every fail I have read came from people skipping steps or not waiting until it was through

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I am very new to drones and want to learn, so please bear with me...this is my 2nd post, my drone arrived about an 3 hours ago, and first flight was about an hour ago :) You say the green cube is a "new replacement pixhawk"...what is a pixhawk?? Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo