What improvements would you like to see if there was a Solo 1.5?

Even before Gimbal was out, for stabilized video everyone did the best we could without it, some were VERY good!.

Since the Gimbal, we are all turned perfectionist, or wanting video as close to perfect as possible.

I havn't did most the "stabilized video" mods except balancing Props & motors.
Since the last update from 3DR, I'm very happy with the video that i'm getting out of Solo.

Yeah when the gimbal works, it's ok. mine happens to go limp sometimes and some vibrations with balanced props.

While my solo was on the shelf, i ended up buying quad for $600 on black friday and basically have flawless video, no waiting for gps and 8 more minutes flight time compared to the over $2000 ive invested in the solo. also with 500 meters more range when i distance fly (even though when i shoot video, my quads usually close to me).

i understand videos arent going to be perfect regardless, but my $600 quad is legitimately far superior than my $2000 quad.

I probably wouldve sold it already but ive been through so much waiting for months on the gimbal and app update, it wouldve all been for nothing if i just sell it lol

I use to be a tinkerer, but I came to solo because I didn't want to spend tons of time doing that. Have built a number of crafts, between camera ships and mini racers. I'm happy with my solo purchase so far.

They are being corrected, slowly but steadily. It's the terms "upgraded" and "improved" model that are irritating, in the same vein as Solo 2.
It's basically because Solo is sold as being future-proof, and for those of us who've been along for the ride from day one, we want them to really be such - improvements can be added along the way in each production run, while being easily added to our existing craft.
Ha! That's funny future proof.
They can't even get the present to function properly. I don't appreciate being 3 DRs un official testers to proof their concept. Many of these issues should never have happened before they released it, but all the issues to upgrade i believe you have covered.

The GPS is the most glaring issue that needs to be fixed, especially as it seems to be the main cause of most of the bad Solo incidents reported.
I have performed the mod on mine and it did improve, but an associates Solo that was misbehaving became a totally different machine after the mod, and now after grumbling about it's performance he is delighted with it.
Tower on iOS is another, or at least the ability to use Mission Planner or or APMPlanner to give us waypoint missions and the like.
But for now I would be happy with the GoPro settings being available for PAL in iOS. No they don't work in PAL mode (this might be a GoPro issue by the look of it) so I have to have my GoPro set to NTSC to be able to change settings on the fly.

The GPS is the most glaring issue that needs to be fixed, especially as it seems to be the main cause of most of the bad Solo incidents reported.
I have performed the mod on mine and it did improve, but an associates Solo that was misbehaving became a totally different machine after the mod, and now after grumbling about it's performance he is delighted with it.
Tower on iOS is another, or at least the ability to use Mission Planner or or APMPlanner to give us waypoint missions and the like.
But for now I would be happy with the GoPro settings being available for PAL in iOS. No they don't work in PAL mode (this might be a GoPro issue by the look of it) so I have to have my GoPro set to NTSC to be able to change settings on the fly.
Not sure which mod you're talking about (shield vs replacement), but adding a cardboard shield in factory in addition to the copper would be a very simple and cheap thing for 3DR to do in their manufacturing process. And they could do it NOW. Pennies...

The ability to use SOLO for follow-me without needing the controller. This is for filming sports and such. It would require a direct connection from smartphone/device to solo w/out the need for the controller. Additional features need to be added to the app, such as the option to RTH, autoland (already available in Tower).
Until this is done, SOLO's follow me option is very impractical for filming yourself doing sports.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44