Wearing Solo Out

Reaction score
Hey friends...

Where are you guys sourcing parts from?

My Solo 1 is approaching end of service life (again) ... I need a source for motor pods. BH lists them as "discontinued"

I'm not an engineer and I don't have the time to install custom motors...

Any feedback on experiences with Current UAS service?

Thanks

Most people recommend just buying another Solo. Cheaper actually. Ain't that a sad state of affairs.

Reactions: Crisp Rice
I've pretty much decided T - Motors will populate my Solos as they're replaced, but I'm looking hard at Great Planes Rimfire motors. They've been fantastic in every RC plane I've used them in.

Hey friends...

Where are you guys sourcing parts from?

My Solo 1 is approaching end of service life (again) ... I need a source for motor pods. BH lists them as "discontinued"

I'm not an engineer and I don't have the time to install custom motors...

Any feedback on experiences with Current UAS service?

Thanks
I'm curious what is meant by the end of service life?
Are you saying the bearings are going bad in the motors? Are the batteries getting weak?

In any case, I've bought motor pods from EBay for a reasonable price.

End of service:

My first Solo flew over 150 missions before a motor pod failure. Estimate about 40 hours of actual flight time - rotors spinning.

I have since reset my logs after 3DR replaced a failed motor pod ....

Good to know..I've got some unusual pitching in flight that I can't seem to figure out.

End of service:

My first Solo flew over 150 missions before a motor pod failure. Estimate about 40 hours of actual flight time - rotors spinning. I have since reset my logs after 3DR replaced a failed motor pod ....

There was an official 3DR Solo video where said they ran a Solo NON STOP for 43 days. They were testing that Hoverfly (RIDICULOUSLY PRICED) tethered power supply. And they only reason they stopped the test is because they had to go to a meeting/convention somewhere.

They didn't mention if they were using stock motors...but even if they weren't, there are motors that can fly 43 straight days?

Reactions: Aussie in AZ
There was an official 3DR Solo video where said they ran a Solo NON STOP for 43 days. They were testing that Hoverfly (RIDICULOUSLY PRICED) tethered power supply. And they only reason they stopped the test is because they had to go to a meeting/convention somewhere.

They didn't mention if they were using stock motors...but even if they weren't, there are motors that can fly 43 straight days?

I remember seeing that too

Aussie

What do you guys plan on doing if you break or crack something during a crash if all stock is sold? I ask because that's one of my concerns since I just pulled the trigger on a 3dr.

What do you guys plan on doing if you break or crack something during a crash if all stock is sold? I ask because that's one of my concerns since I just pulled the trigger on a 3dr.

Nothing lasts for ever mate. I have a few Solo's and when I get down to my last one, I'm sure there will be something at least as good if not better by then to purchase.
If you have the dough though, as others have done, pick up another one for spare parts.

Cheers
Aussie

If I like it when it arrives, that's exactly what I'll do. Thx for the reply

Last edited:
I was told by Ben at Currect UAS that Solo's motors should be replaced at 150 hours ... so I'm thinking the failure I experienced was related to environment or simply a failure

Good thing I have several now

I was told by Ben at Currect UAS that Solo's motors should be replaced at 150 hours ... so I'm thinking the failure I experienced was related to environment or simply a failure

Good thing I have several now[/QUOTE

Where do you buy your motors? BTW I bought 2 Solo's so I should be good with parts for awhile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44