We need a gift from 3DR for Xmas

The batteries were manufactured in 2015. They're two years old, not four.

As for the gimbal, at this point I think the sun has set on that one and we don't need it. There is nothing about the Solo's gimbal that any other conventional DIY UAV gimbal can't do just as well. Several people have attached conventional Storm32 based gimbals to the Solo successfully now. And are very close to making plug and play kits. Which then means you can mount any camera you want to the Solo. You're not stuck with the crappy GoPro.

The only function we won't be able to replicate is the GoPro control. Which to me is fine because the GoPro sucks and there's better cameras out there anyway.

Cinematic Masterpieces!!!
Well that was an unexpected surprise!! I was hoping that Peter and his family were not affected by the California wildfires- good to see him again!

Also 2 versions (dates) of battery. English and Chinese writing. If I'm correct the Chinese are the later ones. Now, if they would release the gimbal code...

As for the gimbal, at this point I think the sun has set on that one and we don't need it. There is nothing about the Solo's gimbal that any other conventional DIY UAV gimbal can't do just as well. Several people have attached conventional Storm32 based gimbals to the Solo successfully now. And are very close to making plug and play kits. Which then means you can mount any camera you want to the Solo. You're not stuck with the crappy GoPro.

The only function we won't be able to replicate is the GoPro control. Which to me is fine because the GoPro sucks and there's better cameras out there anyway.

is there any info what storm hardware/firmware does work with the solo ?

Cinematic Masterpieces!!!
Well that was an unexpected surprise!! I was hoping that Peter and his family were not affected by the California wildfires- good to see him again!
I'm good, I'm in the San Fernando Valley, with not many trees around. An ember would have to fly pretty far to get here.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
That’s good! I know a lot of people lost everything they had! I feel bad for those unfortunate families but I’m glad you and your family are well. Hope your holidays are festive!!
Unwrapping the bundle portion of the $159 B&H deal. CRAZY!!! 3 Batteries! 8 packs of legs! Extra charger!!! I hope you make a video of you unwrapping yours- my livingroom looks like a 3DR FACTORY FLOOR!!

I guess I misspoke about the battery, I was thinking about the Plexidrone segment which was next.
I sure would like to see another camera other than a gopro or gopro like mounted. All the examples for that gimbal are using the form factor of the gopro type camera.

The Basic Pilot-
Have you seen the back bone ribcage? It’s made for use with Solo and you can change the lenses.'

Nice video. How did you do the moving shot at 4:50? Are you on a bike or something?

Levitation. The Basic Pilot is not a mere mortal.

He was using a "green screen". The moving footage was probably shot from a car.
I mean the shot specifically at 4:50. I also thought green screen at first, but you can see the street moving in the refection of his sunglasses, so it's an actual travelling shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig