We all will need to be registered!

From a legal standpoint, I am getting a bit tired of bureaucrats constantly writing regulations that are not based on law. If drones are really that great of a threat to the safety of the flying public, then Congress needs to pass a law before we decide to "regulate & register" recreational drones. Our Constitution (remember that document folks?) was very clear that laws would rule the land and not a select group of bureaucrats. If we need to register drones, why not just extend that regulation to heli's and fixed wing aircraft. Or better yet, let's just add a high registration fee to all of this so people will just abandon the hobby. Remember, this is a hobby that we are talking about. When was the last time you heard about registering arrows or golf balls (they have killed far more people)? This government is out of control.
I am really surprised with Gov. Brown in California not passing those regulations. With that being the most regulated State in the Union. Maybe he needs to interject.

There is no individual gun registration in Texas. There is no individual federal gun registration just a background check.
Citizens in Mexico usually not allowed to own guns and that place is a war zone.
I have a conceal carry license and am proud to be able to feel somewhat secure in my home. I'll be glad to get a license to make money with my solo.
However this 333 exemption is ridiculous. I already registered my solo with the FAA for 5 dollars. It's kind of a pain just because they want the form notarized.

We should have policed ourselves better.
Here is what I think will happen;
We will be required to register drones at the time of purchase, perhaps asked to register the drones we already own. Each drone will be assigned some sort of identification number allowing it to be traced back to a registered owner in case it brings down a jet or goes rogue and becomes a serial killer.
If we are seen flying in "unsafe" or restricted areas, LE will have the authority to ask for our registration. No registration we will be fined, perhaps have our drone confiscated until we register it.

That is IF any of this ever becomes a reality.

Good,

I agree. This is from a post I made on another UAV forum:

Unfortunately, We all knew this would inevitably happen.

"Manufacturers and developers need to police themselves before they provide the government with the public (negative national media attention) ammunition to take the control away from them. Again all of this is just my opinion."

A quote from a post that I wrote to the Autopilot developers on the P2 forum back in May.

Here comes the beuaracracy! Fees, educational requirements, records, annual or quarterly reports, maintenece records, restrictions, little stickers for your birds. Last, but by no means least, fees, licensing fees, taxes, permits...money, money, money, money! Of course only the law-abiding citizens of this country will grudgingly submit, the bad guys ain't registering nothing! Once again we have allowed our government to squash private innovation, exploration and the pioneering spirit. Maybe it really is time for Bernie Sanders. That's the kind of society the majority of this country seems to want.

All just my opinions, of course.

Jerry

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Obviously those of us who are law abiding with guns, drones and everything in the vast area in between aren't the issue, so these type registrations will have little affect on these issues.

If our guns or drones are taxed or regulated in this way it's only keeping them out of the hands of people who follow the laws and those aren't the people they want to keep them away from. So yea I have no problem doing it and we do need some clear laws on the issue, but it's still not the answer to stopping the idiots doing things to make the news, or cause safety concerns, like the prison drops or other illegal activities. Those guys don't enjoy the hobby, they use it to serve a purpose and they can do the same thing with a p1 or any cheap copter that's already out before any restrictions, back to the drawing board folks this is not the silver bullet.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Raybro
Oh man.
Oh man...
Ahem. Having once been a special-effects dude for a very very small graphics shop, all I can say is:
1: Who among us really didn't want to see that Phantom (I think) fight back somehow?
2: I am going to create my own footage of my Solo in a similiar situation with tiny green men walking out of it as soon as possible.
The opportunities!

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I heard the NRA is getting into the drone business and will be changing their name to NRDA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto that MD!!! But reading the article posted by GoodnNuff, the section 336(1) says it all relative to us hobbyists. In other words, the government can go suck eggs until Congress changes the LAW. It might be time for all of us to write our Congressman!

Reactions: Saturn13

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40