Water Test of 3DR solo

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I found the simplest thing to do is put 6" crab pot buoys on each leg ( cost $1.89 each lere in the Keys). Very stable in flight but don't expect speed records.

Reactions: DJMc
What did you use for floatation ......4 Styrofoam balls

New video of fishing. I need to solve 2 problems going forward. How to make it fly 8 MPH smother and how to get it launch on the water.

I'm really not sure what you're doing. If you have a fishing line attached to Solo, what happens when you get a bite?

I'm really not sure what you're doing. If you have a fishing line attached to Solo, what happens when you get a bite?
This video may make it clearer. Essentially I want to be able to drag a lure a set pattern from the drone offshore, When a Mahi hits it will pop the rubber band loose from drone. I have a float on line and then will stay with the dolphin and since they school it should also mark the rest of school. And eventually I will be able to get all in the some nice 4k video. Meanwhile I keep having issues with drone not liking motion of boat at start up. I though i found the setting t change in "tower" and it seemd to work except it still needs stability at startup.

This video may make it clearer. Essentially I want to be able to drag a lure a set pattern from the drone offshore, When a Mahi hits it will pop the rubber band loose from drone. I have a float on line and then will stay with the dolphin and since they school it should also mark the rest of school. And eventually I will be able to get all in the some nice 4k video. Meanwhile I keep having issues with drone not liking motion of boat at start up. I though i found the setting t change in "tower" and it seemd to work except it still needs stability at startup.
Ahh- got it. So have you caught anything yet?

Try a modified silicone conformal coating to put on your circuit boards, they'll keep moisture out, dust, and nothing can arc or anything.
The coating also protects from thermal shock.

Doing so to mine in the next few days since I live near the salt water

Try a modified silicone conformal coating to put on your circuit boards, they'll keep moisture out, dust, and nothing can arc or anything.
The coating also protects from thermal shock.

Doing so to mine in the next few days since I live near the salt water
I coat the stew out of everything in Fluid Film. seems to work great on my boats and so far works well on drones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig