Reaction score
Ok here it goes...

Initially I had an issue with the controller, and talked to 3DR support and got that fixed. Finally a week later, and ready to fly again, now a different issue..."Waiting for Solo". Would love to talk to 3DR, but they're closed on weekends (feel like I could start another thread just on that).

Here is what happens: I turn on controller, open app, turn on solo, connect to wifi. After all of that, the controller still says "Waiting for Solo" and sometimes says "Gimbal not found". Also, app says "Vehicle not found", but does show connection with the controller. The solo does show solid white lights in front and red in back (which should mean ready for flight).

Here is what I have tried: turning everything on and off (including phone); removing batteries from controller and solo while they're on; reinstalling app; trying different flight order for start up; tried to install the software update but I'm unable to connect.

Appreciate any and all help/suggestions - with the hope that I can get it up in the air before the weekend ends!

Thanks, Kyle

You can Search the forum and find several suggestions. Here is one (that worked) that I posted last week in:
Waiting for solo connection problem

Follow this sequence and startup procedure...

If the problem is only a startup-sequence issue, I can tell you my procedure and I have never experienced a problem connecting.
  1. Open the Solo App on your device
  2. Power-on the controller and let it boot up completely until 'waiting for Solo' appears
  3. Power-up Solo - by the time Solo completely boots you should be rid of 'waiting for Solo' on the controller
  4. Connect to the Solo network with your App
The controller contains the wi/fi router for the system, so once the controller has booted, you should see the Solo network on your device anyway. If you don't, there may be other issues.

I use a separate Wi/Fi Analyzer (Wi/Fi Sniffer) to troubleshoot network problems. You can download one at the Play Store.

Here is another rapid-fire, tongue-in-cheek response that I posted - with the sequence.
GoPro HERO4 Black/Silver update v4.0

In between powering-up/booting each piece in the system - wait for each device to fully boot.

ETA:
Just as another precaution, and to eliminate some other possibilities... turn off the power on all devices, remove and reinstall battery on ALL devices except the phone/tablet. (controller, Solo, GoPro) - then start the above sequence.

Last edited:
Reactions: OpenSorceress
Here is another rapid-fire, tongue-in-cheek response that I posted - with the sequence.
GoPro HERO4 Black/Silver update v4.0

In between powering-up/booting each piece in the system - wait for each device to fully boot.

ETA:
Just as another precaution, and to eliminate some other possibilities... turn off the power on all devices, remove and reinstall battery on ALL devices except the phone/tablet. (controller, Solo, GoPro) - then start the above sequence.

Thanks for the responses SARDG - but yeah I have tried that too - and tried your sequence along with several other sequences. No luck.

Yeah, the first error I had was an error message on the controller that prompted me to contact 3dr support and do some controller calibration update. That fixed it, and same day(Monday) it worked great... then i waited until yesterday to fly again, and now have the new issue.

What do the indicator lights in the controller show?

Controller says that it's "Waiting for Solo" and then will also say "Gimbal not found" - other than that I'm not sure where the indicator lights are?

I am sure someone has a whole post about this but there are indicator lights inside the controller. If you look through the little grille bit on the back (on the 1/2 button side) while the controller is on, you should see little lights (red, green and amber) doing various things. Some of them may be off or blinky. Report back with deets and they may help diagnose the problem!

So I just saw this on facebook. Unfortunately it's a private group but it's called 3DR solo owners page and they seemed to have a fix for your problem. Good Luck!
a8734cd96455740430fd2f8ba55a751f.jpg
48be9f0ff51d6129c7c78d094ccdd200.jpg
dc2dc5fdd5d9f1a722a1ed03203befc7.jpg
8ab5ad9ae84dcc1c0a0c120842410346.jpg
e40a177c3ccb042cd403e04177a861ab.jpg

Yeah I did that any it worked for me but that's not always the problem which is why I asked for the diagnostic light info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig